Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: User/Password for 1.1.4 by WinSCP

Default User/Password for 1.1.4 by WinSCP
    Hi..i just updated my iphone to 1.1.4 and i dont know what is the new user/password for it...

can anyone please tell me?

thank you in advance

root alpine

thx let me give that a try now...

By the way that does not work...I have tried it...i'll be looking around to see if I find the correct one

When using terminal editor on the iphone root/alpine does not work but when opening a PuTTy session thru WinSCP the passor alpine work...go figure....try it out...google WinSCP to download and download Putty from

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~s.../download.html

Let me know if it works for you.
    Last edited by 127.0.0.1; 2008-03-07 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i was having that same issue and it turns out there is a patch you have to download for 1.1.4 so you can login with the terminal. its called:
    SUID Lib Fix
    it says its for 1.1.3 only but it works on my 1.1.4
    im not sure which repository its in

also while your at it you should install:
    BSD Subsystem 2.0 Termfix
    it fixes the "can't backspace" problem in terminal

tried installing the suid lib fix but gives me an error saying
    ' Main scrpit execution failed"

Any takers?? Phone is jailebroken,running on 1.1.4 jailbroken through iplus

Ok I saw this thread and was going to do this as mine isn't working either but when I went to down load it I am getting this error message Main Script execution failed! any ideas what I need to do?

Thanks so much Joel

I think I got it it wouldn't let me upload it but I rebooted and now it is doing it
    Last edited by PozGuy2; 2008-03-12 at 09:54 PM.

Its Root, Alpine. i just got help from one of the mods on this one.

For some reason now it won't let me put in a password I downloaded both apps as described above but it is still not working. Suggestions?

its root/ alpine

it works fine on winscp and putty.

Thanks

doesn't work for me either. I use the password ALPINE and I get access denied. I tried installing SUID Lib Fix but I get the Error - Main script execution failed! I'm at a loss.
    If my 2 cents helped ya, Thank me by hitting the Thanks Button!

root/alpine
    In Costa Rica Beaches w/ my unix box.

Thanks

root/alpine isn't working for me. I have read many posts and seem to think it could have something to do with SUID lib fix needing to be installed. I cannot however install SUID lib fix.

jb4 you need to refresh your sources sometimes that works for me when i get the main script fail also don't forget to clear your queue if can.

Thanks

i did the clear queue thing plenty of times before and it didn't work this time. I downloaded iphonebrowser and it got in no problem. I then tried WinSCP again and used the same passwords and it worked. I might have been capitalizing alpine before or something, whatever the matter I can now get it to work and now I have Customize on my phone...so all is good.

Banned
    Thanks

If anyone of you can read english than you can clearly unstand that the SUID lib fix is for 1.1.3 only. If your having problems then it's cause your a retard and cant follow simple instructions. read the guides first idiots. It might help you, at least a lttle bit. Hows come noone knows how to read on these ******* forums?

love it when you make my dumb *** feel so smart! thanks guys!
    Last edited by jarthurs1981; 2008-04-01 at 02:56 AM.

Hey jarthurs, since you're such a friggin' genious and nobody can seem to answer my questions in the jailbreak forum, how about you help me out with my questions. First, point me to a thread that explains in detail how all of these utilities are linked to each other. Specifically, I have used iLiberty+ and jailbroken my phone, and added the installer.

On the advice of Tackett, all I have installed so far is the BSD subsystem, vt-100 and the installer application.

I am having the same problem regarding logging into the system.

I would've attempted jb4's fix, but I am terrified that you will get angry and call me stupid and throw some ***** asterisks my way, and I can't face my family if someone on the internet says I'm stupid, so instead of being an internet prik, how about you keep your ignorant comments to a minimum unless you actually have something constructive or insightful to contribute.

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jarthurs1981 View Post
    If anyone of you can read english than you can clearly unstand that the SUID lib fix is for 1.1.3 only. If your having problems then it's cause your a retard and cant follow simple instructions. read the guides first idiots. It might help you, at least a lttle bit. Hows come noone knows how to read on these ******* forums?

love it when you make my dumb *** feel so smart! thanks guys!
    SUID lib fix worked for me on 1.1.4

I'm having 0 problems.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

I try loging in and I keep getting the "Connection Timed Out" error. I've tried practically everything to solve it, except putty. What is it, and will it even solve my problem?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast