Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: lost wifi

Default lost wifi
    What do you do when you lost wifi from an unlock i can use ibrickr to get files to the phone but they are not chmod'd and i don't have wifi to ssh to the phone. Done 3 restores still no wifi. I want to reflash bbupdater -f my.fls file but can't get in

Thanks

Exclamation gotcha
    I lost wifi - now it just says "No Wi-Fi"
    To restore Wi-Fi you could either do a restore in iTunes and start over again, or the much faster way, reflash only the baseband from a terminal directly from the phone, which i will explain.

You will need the file called "ICE03.14.08_G.fls" (ICE03.12.06_G.fls if you have 1.00 firmware). I will not link to this file because of copyright reasons, but you'll find it in /usr/local/standalone/firmware/ in the ramdisk image (i might explain this later). Using iBrickr or some other application, transfer this file to /usr/bin/. Also, you need to install a terminal application on the phone. Using iBrickr, click Applications → Reload app list → scroll down to you see MobileTerminal xxx and click it.

Launch the Terminal on the phone and run the following commands:

cd /usr/bin/
    bbupdater -f ICE03.14.08_G.flsIt will take a couple of minutes before it's done. When it's done, restart your phone and enjoy your Wi-Fi. And make sure you don't restart your phone after running ieraser! Thanks to ziel for telling me about this possibility.

Did both 4 times still no wifi

try putting the phone in airplane mode (turning off the wireless) waiting a bit and turning the airplane mode off this happened to me also i didnt completely lose my wifi tho it was still registering networks it just wouldnt connect ... i dont know if this will be of any help but just in case

i dunno whats goin on with this thing when i bbupdater -v it doesn't get a repsonse from the baseband. i bbupater -f ICE.fls restores the baseband I can now ping it with bbupdater -v. Then when i reboot all goes back to the same

Default no terminal app on phone
    Hey, i lost wifi and don't have a terminal program on my iphone (which i think i need to update the baseband). I used iPHUC to place mobile terminal app in the applications folder on the phone - how do i make it executable? I think it can be done with Chmod but to be honest i am already above my head and don't know how to do this.
    Does anyone know?
    Any other ideas?

My situation:
    I lost wifi on my phone - i lost wifi by restarting my phone after getting the following anysim unlock error 'The Flash succeeded but the unlocked failed'

Also i am still running 1.0.2 FW

Same here. I lost my WiFi after restoring the FW (1.0.2). I get an error when I try to connect (Cannot find the server). I can't install Summerboard.

My wifi is actually greyed out - like gone entirely

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default wifi gone
    I also have lost my wifi it is grayed out. I did the baseband downgrade to the letter and was successful with returning it as well as 1.0.2 but no matter what I have tried I cannot get it back...

Another here with the No Wi-Fi, since the first unlock I did, everything was working, then pluged tot he computer, moved my songs and movies tot he iPhone, and ewhent he sync was over it crashed. I forced a restart and since then it's been gone. And it seems to make the battery only last 6 hours, if that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have just finished the wifi fix explained at iphone-dev.org and I am extremely happy to report that after 5 months of trying everything imaginable that I finally have my wifi back and working great. I definitely have to send a huge thanks out to the iphone dev team!!

Default How?
    How exactly did you go by doing this?