Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just made a very expensive brick...

Default Just made a very expensive brick...
    Attempted to mod my iPhone in windows using jailbreaker and itunes 7.4.1.2 . Ended up putting the thing into endless reboot. Tried doing a restore, but to no avail. I've been searching and searching and have found the way to recover via Nullriver, but because I'm on a pc, with no access to a mac, this does me no real good. Tried rolling iTunes back to 7.3 and restoring it from there, but no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions or do I need to go to my local Apple store (I go the thing a week ago today, so still should be covered)? Any help is appreciated.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

you void ur warranty if u mod ur phone... but i dont know more than that, i actually saw few guide about this thing, try to look fori t

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flyguy03Tj View Post
    Attempted to mod my iPhone in windows using jailbreaker and itunes 7.4.1.2 . Ended up putting the thing into endless reboot. Tried doing a restore, but to no avail. I've been searching and searching and have found the way to recover via Nullriver, but because I'm on a pc, with no access to a mac, this does me no real good. Tried rolling iTunes back to 7.3 and restoring it from there, but no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions or do I need to go to my local Apple store (I go the thing a week ago today, so still should be covered)? Any help is appreciated.
    you didn't search hard enough... look back on these forums (few days back tops) I know there have been multiple, multiple, multiple threads on the endless loops problem

or try searching "endless"

Restore worked for me. Try harder.

JedixJarf: Did 10 restores on two different computers and no change.

Unclear: I did what you said and searched this forum again. The results didn't find a solution. Plenty of people are reporting this issue, but no one has a solution for pc. Either they got it to work using restore or they never responded back to people's suggestions. Otherwise, people keep giving them links to the mac solution from Nullriver that has been copied and pasted all over the web.

At this point no change, the thing still reboots every few seconds unless I put it into recovery mode and get the little triangle symbol. When I do a restore in iTunes it says it completes everything just fine but still keeps rebooting.

go to control panel, add/remove programs. remove apple mobile device, itunes and apple software update. restart your computer and then redownload itunes from apple website and install it and you should be good to go.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimbo For This Useful Post:

flyguy03Tj (2007-09-12)

Default Thank You!!!
    That worked wonderfully, I can get in to the stupid thing now. I guess thats my lessoned learned. Thank you so very much!