Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Here is the problem with activating your Iphone

Default Here is the problem with activating your Iphone
    1st i wanna say thank you for all the great work that mod my iphone is doing for us , you are making alot
    of ppl happy .

however i need your help if you can , This method to to actviate
    the iphone without itunes , i think is great but im stuck .

http://www.hacktheiphone.com/iphone_...r_windows.html

Back at the command shell window where iphoneinterface is still
    running, type these three commands:

cd /System/Library/Lockdown/

putfile /System/Library/Lockdown/iPhoneActivation.pem

This will copy over a modified iPhoneActivation.pem file that is
    required for this to work. Then type: exit

I got stuck at this step :

putfile /System/Library/Lockdown/iPhoneActivation.pem

the fileref:0 not 1 as shown on the instruction.

OH and when i type cd /System/Library/Lockdown/ then hit enter you i
    should see cd /System/Library/Lockdown/# right ?
    well i dont it goes back to
    iphone:/#.
    please help me , my phone is fully modded the only thing is i just
    need to activate it .

thank you so much

Thanks

This step is primarily for those people who have already bypassed activation to use their iPhone as an iPod with Wi-Fi only. You will need to deactivate your phone for this process. Everyone else can skip ahead to Step 13. Next type: deactivate and press enter/return. Confirmation will appear. Keep this window open.

In the command shell window, type:cd \phonedmg enter/return now type iphoneinterface and press enter/return. A prompt for iPhone:/# should appear.
    Right click the iPhoneActivation.pem link at the top of the page and save it to your Cphonedmg directory and keep your browser open on this page.
    Make sure after downloading this file that the extension is still .pem and not .txt now type now type cd /System/Library/Lockdown/ now putfile /System/Library/Lockdown/iPhoneActivation.pem now your at step 15

Quote Originally Posted by jjgsxr883 View Post
    This step is primarily for those people who have already bypassed activation to use their iPhone as an iPod with Wi-Fi only. You will need to deactivate your phone for this process. Everyone else can skip ahead to Step 13. Next type: deactivate and press enter/return. Confirmation will appear. Keep this window open.

In the command shell window, type:cd \phonedmg enter/return now type iphoneinterface and press enter/return. A prompt for iPhone:/# should appear.
    Right click the iPhoneActivation.pem link at the top of the page and save it to your Cphonedmg directory and keep your browser open on this page.
    Make sure after downloading this file that the extension is still .pem and not .txt now type now type cd /System/Library/Lockdown/ now putfile /System/Library/Lockdown/iPhoneActivation.pem now your at step 15
    My phone is deactivated and fully mod . and i have the the file in the phonedmg and its pem

Thanks

Default ok
    so now it command type cd \phonedmg does it go to the cdphonedmg if so type iphoneinterface does that work,if so type cd /System/Library/Lockdown/ then type putfile /System/Library/Lockdown/iPhoneActivation.pem what happens
    Last edited by jedinight; 2007-09-11 at 08:15 PM.

Oh god , i got it to work . thanks guys