Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how do i install apps. that are in zip form?

Default how do i install apps. that are in zip form?
    once i unzip the files how do i get it onto the phone? i have ibrickr and i dont know where to put the file or how to put the files in..also how do u delete a folder name that you made in ibrickr..it wont let me delete it it if i click on it it opens but i cant get rid of the folder name.

i also have iphoneinterface but i dont know where to install the apps. if i install them in applications do i have to make a folder? please explain to me
    Give God what is right...not what's left!

Please read my guides stickied in this thread, they explain how to install installer.app

however, if by some chance its an app that isnt on installer,
    copy the folder with all the app files into the applications directory, the folder should be something like Thenameoftheapp.app
    once you got it on there, you need to change the permissions of the main program file in the folder, you can use winscp to do this or download squid with installer.app and you can also change permissions.

but its totally recommended to just use installer.app or PXL, pxl is from ibrickr, and if you click on applications you install pxl package manager, very much like installer.app and from there you can install apps also.

if you dont know whats going on, download apptapp and dock and run apptapp with itunes closed, it will do everything for you, again guides stickied above in this thread.

i already have installer app. i was wondering how to install applications using ibrickr that are not on the pxl list.

how do i change permisiions on ibrickr?
    Give God what is right...not what's left!