Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone just keeps dispalyong home screen

Default iphone just keeps dispalyong home screen
    ok i was trying to install teh 1.1.3 sync fix and ai thought i had to restart it half way thru.

no iphone boots up and says the the info about how to rearrange titles i hit dismiss then 3 seconds later it repeast its self.

what do i do iphone pc suite and i tunes seems to stay connected. if i do a restore do i need to rejail brake phone cheers.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gros21 For This Useful Post:

zsuns (2008-03-03)

Try a restore. Yes, you will have to rejailbreak. You can use ZiPhone though, it's really easy.
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ksong12 For This Useful Post:

zsuns (2008-03-03)

Whats the easyiest way 2 do that can i get that program 4 windows? How do i do it should i go to 1.1.4 or stay with 1.1.3?

do i just use itunes restore. do what ever itunes tells me then use ziphone? is it as simple as that?
    Last edited by gros21; 2008-03-03 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gros21 For This Useful Post:

zsuns (2008-03-03)

Yes, you can use ZiPhone with Windows.

Here is the main site: http://www.ziphone.org/

You can find download links from MMi on this news post: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40531
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ksong12 For This Useful Post:

zsuns (2008-03-03)

Just do a restore, and let iTunes in the process upgrade to 1.1.4, everything that worked with 1.1.3 works with 1.1.4 after install the patch to trick your phone. But after upgrading, just use ZiPhone and in less than 3 minutes, you will be good to go...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ajl917 For This Useful Post:

zsuns (2008-03-03)

My iPhone is a Part of Me zsuns's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gros21 View Post
    ok i was trying to install teh 1.1.3 sync fix and ai thought i had to restart it half way thru.

no iphone boots up and says the the info about how to rearrange titles i hit dismiss then 3 seconds later it repeast its self.

what do i do iphone pc suite and i tunes seems to stay connected. if i do a restore do i need to rejail brake phone cheers.
    You need to SSH uninstall it and then reboot your phone.

if you dont have SSH your screwedd.

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    Just do a restore, and let iTunes in the process upgrade to 1.1.4, everything that worked with 1.1.3 works with 1.1.4 after install the patch to trick your phone. But after upgrading, just use ZiPhone and in less than 3 minutes, you will be good to go...

what is this patch u talk about? doesn't a restore just liek a format and restart blank with a new i phone? and i know when itunes askes i fthis is a new phone i click yes.

I do have ssh on iphone but what will that do? i don't even know what it is i can't even get chance to turn on wifi. how ever i can still look at and edit files with iphone pc suite (via vable). how ever i am more than willing to start from scrach if its easy as below

Ok is this correct.

1. use itunes to restore iphone (then it should be 1.1.4)

2. Do the full unlock with ziphone.

3. now i start from scarch with blank iphone tahts been unlocked,activited and jail broken.

4. Enjoy

13. The Following User Says Thank You to gros21 For This Useful Post:

zsuns (2008-03-03)

Correct, except that you should do a jailbreak only, unless you plan on using it on another carrier.

im in austtralia so i will have to jail break.

Oh any other aussies happen to read this i have scourse for installer taht fixes a few things liek aus number formats and gives me a sexy telstra logo if any one want it just ask.