Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Want to Activate My iPhone w/ out a Mac - Howto?

Default Want to Activate My iPhone w/ out a Mac - Howto?
    I only have the original SIM card that I got with the iPhone - do I insert it or leave it out?

Then what is the next step?

Thanks in advance.

if your iphone is brand new, the card should be in the iphone, if not, put it in, sync to itunes and follow the on screen instructions.

I apologize - what I mean was:

I want to activate my iphone without a mac, and without at&t. do i need a different sim card than the original one?

thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyzdog View Post
    I apologize - what I mean was:

I want to activate my iphone without a mac, and without at&t. do i need a different sim card than the original one?

thanks!
    lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooo oooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllll

Thanks for the informative post. This forum must be like some others where the users just poke fun of the newbies instead of actually helping them?

I have read all the guides and tutorials - this part just confuses me a little (b/c I currently have sprint and have not gotten a TMobile SIM yet).
    Thanks for nothing jjgsxr883!

Are you going to be using ATT or T-Mobile for your iPhone? Your answer will make a whole world of difference.

Quote Originally Posted by jjgsxr883 View Post
    lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooo oooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllll
    Your a Jerk. If you dont have anything helpful to say, then just stay out of the conversation. Everyone was a noob at some point in time, just like you were not to long ago.

Here is the deal. I want to use Tmobile (when I get an unlock solution), but for now, I would like to activate the phone (without service, until I get a Tmobile SIM).

I know that there are easy solutions w/ a mac - but I only have pc's - what is my best route to go?

thanks in advance

I;m in the same boat mate.

I think you need to Activate the phone then use jailbreak to install apps.
    But reading the FAQ its saying to use jailbreak, but its asking me to Activate the phone first

FOUND IT. No thanks to the 'geniuses' who laugh at some people instead of actually helping and doing good (and effectively spamming their own boards with crap).

Anyways, thanks to those to tried to help.

here is the solution:
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5273

Took me about 4 minutes.