Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck at step # 14

Default Stuck at step # 14
    "
    Back at the command shell window where iphoneinterface is still running, type these three commands:

cd /System/Library/Lockdown/

putfile /System/Library/Lockdown/iPhoneActivation.pem

This will copy over a modified iPhoneActivation.pem file that is required for this to work. Then type: exit

"
    I stuck at this step :

the fileref:0 not 1 as shown on the instruction

http://www.hacktheiphone.com/iphone_...r_windows.html

can some advice

Thanks
    Tan

Thanks

Default type this
    cd /System/Library/Lockdown/ then hit enter you should see cd /System/Library/Lockdown/# thentype putfile /System/Library/Lockdown/iPhoneActivation.pem also make sure you have the .pem link in phonedmg folder and make sure its not .txt when you save it and make sure you keep your browser open to link you just downloaded to phonedmg

I got pass step 14 now I am at step 15, I did see the bunch of Hex # on lockdown file and I see the IMEI, and ICCID on the iphone, I keyed the IMEI, and ICCID and hit generate but did not see the 40 8.exe

The instruction said I need the activator v0.2, where can I get this file

Thanks
    Tan

I stuck at step 15. I could not find the activator v0.2. is any one help me please? Thanks

the Hex # on lockdown file I see has type quick time preferneces NOT plist as mentioned on the instruction, does this cause any problem when generate the 40 8.exe file ?

Thanks
    Tan

Thanks

Exclamation ok i got ya
    so let do this go to mycomputer now in the tools in the tab ,,..tools/folder options/view/make sure hide extentions for known file type is un checked,then go to....CDocuments and Settings\username\Application Data\Apple Computer\Lockdown ,and you should see a .plist file with string 40 decimals,,o.k. this is your device id,so now.Go back to your web browser and fill in the Device ID, IMEI, and ICCID fields and click the "Generate" button. Once the process is complete, right-click "download a custom activator v0.2", save as ,and save it to your phonedmg folder. AND now Go to your phonedmg folder and double click the 40 character long .exe that it generated.and your at step 16 ...

how do I fill in the Device ID, IMEI, and ICCID , I see the 2 set of # on my Iphone when I press the liitle "i", I put that 2 set # in to the fill of IMEI, and ICCID and hit generate, then I go back to the folder "phonedmg" but can not find the 888888.exe

I also can not fine the activator v0.2 on the website either

Hope you can help because I almost done with all step and stuck now

Thanks
    Tan

Thanks

Default ok i got ya
    to put device id you just drag over characters and copy then paste in browser

assume this is my device ID : fff9af747e4d4ab4bc026098999c8e1d041d2eff

I just cut and paste into the file DEVICE ID in the web I left the 2 below fill blank and hit generate, and I did but not see any result at all

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fast_car View Post
    assume this is my device ID : fff9af747e4d4ab4bc026098999c8e1d041d2eff

I just cut and paste into the file DEVICE ID in the web I left the 2 below fill blank and hit generate, and I did but not see any result at all
    no fill all of them in deviceid/imei,iccid then generate ...ok now this is where your getting confused .this is your .exe "download a custom activator v02"right click this phrase and click save as ,and put it in your phonedmg folder,and now go to phonedmg and double click,step 16 and yes that was your device id try not to post the real thing though kinda private oh yeah the imei numbers and the iccid are on the back of the box
    Last edited by jedinight; 2007-09-08 at 10:44 AM.

ok back again to step 14 , i have the same problem or even worse .
    when i write this command cd /System/Library/Lockdown/ i dont get or see this command cd /System/Library/Lockdown/# instad i just get back iphone:/# again , WTF i spent 12 hours trying to do this in every way i know .
    please help me , how is it done ? i need to get this phone working

Quote Originally Posted by fast_car View Post
    I got pass step 14 now I am at step 15, I did see the bunch of Hex # on lockdown file and I see the IMEI, and ICCID on the iphone, I keyed the IMEI, and ICCID and hit generate but did not see the 40 8.exe

The instruction said I need the activator v0.2, where can I get this file

Thanks
    Tan
    How did you get pass step 14 , im about to kill my laptop?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -untitled.gif  

everything is caps sensitive. make sure that the command is the one listed below exactly. hopefully it works

cd /System/Library/Lockdown/

Quote Originally Posted by mssidah View Post
    How did you get pass step 14 , im about to kill my laptop?
    you are not typing it in correctly, everything is case sensitive

cut and paste the 40's number to device ID to thier web site and type in the other 2 set of # from your I phone to the field from their web site