Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help me its an emergency :(

Exclamation Please help me its an emergency :(
    hi guys and thanks for taking the time and looking i live in canada so its not an option to take back my phone so i really need your guy's help please
    i am in a real emergency and i think i bricked my iphone
    i purchased it a month ago and i unlocked it or i should say activated it so everything but the phone function worked perfectly untill three days ago when i was a stupid retard and i tried to follow the hardware unlock process by geohotz and i f-ed up my iphone. everything went fine untill i opened up my iphone silver case and i barely and i mean barely touched the line to scratch it (its not even noticable) so i could touch the two pins but my iphone didnt turn on so i chickened out and put everything back together to have my iphone saying "connect to itunes" with the yellow exclamation mark so i reformatted it with itunes and it said error 1011
    i have restarted, uninstalled everything, reformatted, tried jailbreak, reinstalled the whole phonedmg folder and everything i can think of a million times.
    im begging someone to help me and i am running windows vista and its a 4gb iphone with 1.2 software pleaseeee help

thanks in advance

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Have you started up in Restore Mode (by holding down Sleep and Home for 25 seconds) and connected to iTunes again to force it to update again? Sometimes it fails to update because the iPhone turns off before the 90something MB download completes...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

yes ive tried going in restore mode

and no the pihone stays on the whole time
    Last edited by rsobbi; 2007-09-07 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rsobbi View Post
    hi guys and thanks for taking the time and looking i live in canada so its not an option to take back my phone so i really need your guy's help please
    i am in a real emergency and i think i bricked my iphone
    i purchased it a month ago and i unlocked it or i should say activated it so everything but the phone function worked perfectly untill three days ago when i was a stupid retard and i tried to follow the hardware unlock process by geohotz and i f-ed up my iphone. everything went fine untill i opened up my iphone silver case and i barely and i mean barely touched the line to scratch it (its not even noticable) so i could touch the two pins but my iphone didnt turn on so i chickened out and put everything back together to have my iphone saying "connect to itunes" with the yellow exclamation mark so i reformatted it with itunes and it said error 1011
    i have restarted, uninstalled everything, reformatted, tried jailbreak, reinstalled the whole phonedmg folder and everything i can think of a million times.
    im begging someone to help me and i am running windows vista and its a 4gb iphone with 1.2 software pleaseeee help

thanks in advance
    so what step did you stop at ?in the geohot unlock method,and did you follow his steps or hacktheiphone steps

yes i did follow the geohot untill the point where you had to touch the two pins for the first time (i didnt want to do that) because my phone wasnt booting

Thanks

Question so any progress
    what happens when you just try to turn phone on

it starts up and goes to the home screen and says pealse activate connect to itunes and slide for emergency
    it also pops up like a message comes up and says iphone repair needed cannot make or recieve calls

and i dont know if this is important but whenever i connect to itunes it says cannot activate because the sim card was not installed where as i have my at&t stock sim in there and also when i click the little "i" by "please activate"
    both my ICCID and IMEI are unknown

Remove the SIM and clean it off, if it is smudged or has fingerprints, it may not read correctly. Also make sure that this is the original SIM that came with the phone, if all is well, then the error should go away.

The message about needing repair, not being able to make/receive calls is troubling, though, that makes it sound like there is some issue with the radio, and it could well be that something shorted that you did not intend.

I recall seeing a photo of a blown phone from someone just taking the cover off, apparently it shorted the battery, and the insides were charred. Can't remember what site had that posted, but it looked nasty.

i cleaned the sim
    no difference
    is there away to fix what ur talking about the radio or is there somewhere you can point me too
    please help guys

also i dont know if this info will help but when i put the phone on vibrate it doesnt vibrate but the silent image comes on
    Last edited by rsobbi; 2007-09-08 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

All I can guess at this point is that in opening or closing the case, something shorted out. The circuits in there are live, as long as the battery is still attached. Everything you've tried software wise should have brought the phone back, had it been a software issue.

I've never heard of an iPhone showing a message about 'repair needed', but that must be some internal diagnostic that is now failing. It sounds increasingly like there is now a hardware fault, and I don't think that anyone here will be able to do much more to help you...

I'm sorry... but you have indeed brick'd ur phone...You most likely screwed up a ground...i speak from experience...sorry bro

can someone tell me what i messed up so i can order a replacement
    should i take pictures of the inside of my phone would it help ?

I had the same problem, I followed the instructions detailed withint the link below and it worked. However I still don't know how to put the commcenter file back on the phone as the phone does not have an IMEI without it.

http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthre...6028#post36028

Ummm, order one of these:

Quantity 1: Apple iPhone

If the circuitry is fried, then you're out of luck, there are no parts available to order to fix this.

i dont think my circuitry is fried but when i took off the metal over te circuitry (the part with the trace your supposed to scratch) the metal kind of outline going all around the circuit came up on one part and some green suff from the circuit came up with it
    could that be my problem?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rsobbi View Post
    i dont think my circuitry is fried but when i took off the metal over te circuitry (the part with the trace your supposed to scratch) the metal kind of outline going all around the circuit came up on one part and some green suff from the circuit came up with it
    could that be my problem?
    whoa now you talking ... we need picture now ...now that could be a problem,,better hurry to i have a unlock patient comming before the dallas cowboys game.....[email protected] halla

here you go
    as you can see the trace isnt really scratched

please help

Close up of the 'green stuff' please? Sounds like you pulled a trace off the board...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Close up of the 'green stuff' please? Sounds like you pulled a trace off the board...
    yeah cant see

Very troubling, considering that the board is blue...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast