Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help me its an emergency :(

so here
    this happened when i was taking off the metal casing (the metal over all this circuit stuff)

heres another one

thanks for helping guys

oh im sorry
    i meant green or blue or whatever colour the board is
    Last edited by rsobbi; 2007-09-10 at 04:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Question iam confused
    first pictures you where talking about your trace wire ,now your metal cage can you photo edit and circle what your seeing

the arrow part has the blue stuff or green stuff thhat used to be stuck to the board (circled parts) i know its kinda blurry but you get the point
    is there a way if i can just use it as a ipod
    at this point i dont care if phone function wont work
    is there a way to just restore with itunes and install firmware with some other program????

Kinda blurry, but if I'm viewing that right, below the screw it looks like there is a large chunk of the trace missing, and blow that, another large area also pulled up from the board.

Can you confirm that this is what you're seeing there, and if only that large trace on the edge was what was damaged?

I'm going to guess that this is a ground trace, based on the size and the fact that it's right under the screw there. A broken trace can be fixed if you're good at soldering and have the proper equipment. You'll probably need to take this into a local shop and see if they can patch the traces for you.

At this point, that's probably your best bet, it would be very obvious to anyone that opened your phone that it has been damaged, so any hope of a warranty repair is gone. So you've got little to lose by having someone try to fix this up for you.

yes thats right
    i was reading another post about something called a trace fixer
    is that all i need and it will work again cuz i swear i barely touched the trace we were supposed to scratch so do these symtoms of my phone go with this trace theory?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rsobbi View Post
    the arrow part has the blue stuff or green stuff thhat used to be stuck to the board (circled parts) i know its kinda blurry but you get the point
    is there a way if i can just use it as a ipod
    at this point i dont care if phone function wont work
    is there a way to just restore with itunes and install firmware with some other program????

so that you mean not only did you remove the cover but the metal chassis too,that what the pic looks like ,,looks like solder time orhttp://www.rapidrepair.com/shop/apple-iphone-repair.html

wait so if i take it to a shop and they solder it right
    then there is no need to take it to apple like i will be able to unlock via iphonesimfree or whatever comes out? or iphone is basically new again?

Thanks

Red face well actually
    i called iphone care ,"apple"and i asked about repair prices and he told me to call him back on monday for prices on replacing screens boards etc,due to the price drop of the phone repair prices should come way down too ,,i know that me and him were talking and he said that right now screen replacing is 200$ and i said whoa!!!and he said that it should be under a 100$ after monday..so iknow that the chip board i question is 150$ right now,,,iam betting 75to100$..for apple to repair ,and it would be the best bet to get apple to do it

but i live in canada.....

Thanks

Default i gotcha
    they dont repair at the apple stores you have to mail it to cali,

but dont you think theyll be like
    whyd you open it...
    why did you buy it if you live in canada
    is jailbreak illegal?

if i want to solder it is it hard or if i take it to a shop what do i tell them just to solder the parts where the trace got ripped off? is there a certain type of soldering that should be happening and will my phone go back to normal????

can someone help me please im dying here with my semi dead iphone
    Last edited by rsobbi; 2007-09-11 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Anyone???????????????????????

Call your local electronics shops, tell them you have a bad trace on your phone's board that needs fixed, and if they can do this work. Speak with the service manager. You should be able to find someone willing to do the job.

Your warranty is already shot, they won't be able to make the problem any worse for you.

is it hard to do
    i bought a 6 watt solderig iron can i do it myself or is it too hard
    what needs to be done do they just solder the ripped trace back on or do they just solder where there is no trace because on one part there is no trace (after it ripped off) so is it possible to buy trace ? sorry i sound like a noob lol

can anyone here tell me how to fix my broken trace
    i swear to god that if you give me and idiotproof lol way of fixing it ill give you 50 bucks via paypal i am not kidding you i am just desperate and i kind of just want to fix my iphone by tonight so i can unlock it please guys also i couldnt find a shop that would do it so this is my last resort
    im on my knees begging you
    i already spent 30 bucks on a soldering iron and its 6 watts so im sure it should be too much please help
    im waiting
    Last edited by rsobbi; 2007-09-13 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Huh?
    I don't think you have a problem with any of the circuitry. If you tried jailbreaking your phone or hacking it in any way, then you have the same problem that many of us have, a bricked iPhone. I have the same phenomenon because I used an unlock method for the Symm that caused the modem firmware to somehow get corrupted. I would wait until the dev team has a new solution to this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by rsobbi View Post
    is it hard to do
    i bought a 6 watt solderig iron can i do it myself or is it too hard
    what needs to be done do they just solder the ripped trace back on or do they just solder where there is no trace because on one part there is no trace (after it ripped off) so is it possible to buy trace ? sorry i sound like a noob lol

can anyone here tell me how to fix my broken trace
    i swear to god that if you give me and idiotproof lol way of fixing it ill give you 50 bucks via paypal i am not kidding you i am just desperate and i kind of just want to fix my iphone by tonight so i can unlock it please guys also i couldnt find a shop that would do it so this is my last resort
    im on my knees begging you
    i already spent 30 bucks on a soldering iron and its 6 watts so im sure it should be too much please help
    im waiting

Default error 1011 fix
    I had the 1011 error, I try to open itunes and I bricker v.091 running at the same times. in ibrickr select download firmware 1.02, that should do the trick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12