Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Removing xLaunch icon from SpringBoard. (?)

Default Removing xLaunch icon from SpringBoard. (?)
    I installed xLaunch to hide certain icons on my desktop, but the xLaunch program doesn't actually let you hide the xLaunch icon itself. I tried adding:

Code:
    		<dict>
    			<key>displayIdentifier</key>
    			<string>com.sadun.XLaunch</string>
    		</dict>
    to the <special> section of the DisplayOrder.plist, and in the init.plist in the xLaunch.app folder. But neither seemed to work. Could anyone help me remove this icon without having to install another progam? I could possibly have the displayIdentifier wrong, but I'm not really positive on that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen

use rSBT.app...has a GUI interface..and u can move icons where u want them.. and then save it..

Like I said, I don't really want to have to install another application to do this. And, I don't just want to move it, I want to be able to take it off the SpringBoard completely.

32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen

its not like your iphone dosent have under 200kb for a new app...its EZiest way to rearrange ur icons and you can move them off the screen into the "off Springboard".. and if u want to completely remove it.. use Installer.app and it will remove.

If you hide x launcher without rSBT or iLauncher, how would you get access to all the apps you hid with xLauncher?
    Maybe thats an idiot proof safety feature for those that dont know how to access the display order list

I have Natetrue's Dock installed.

32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm using a black background so I just made the icon.png for xlauncher black as well and now it's invisible. It's right there above my phone icon...
    Last edited by MotoGreg; 2007-09-03 at 10:38 PM.

Default Xlaunch Screwed Up My Springboard
    Help! I just used installer, and it's fantastic. I put a bunch of apps on my phone right away. Then, though, I decided I liked Launcher better than XLaunch, and that caused me some issues. After uninstalling XLaunch, I wound up with the changes it made permanently fixed on my iPhone (ugly Chat icon squeezed into the dock) and Installer and Launcher missing from my Springboard. I've already tried running AppTapp Installer again, which didn't work.

What do you think? Am I stuck? Do I have to restore? Hope not.

Another note - whenever I'd choose an option like squeeze or add in Xlaunch, all it would do is scuttle off of the screen to the top right corner and give me an empty black space. I'd have to hit home to get back to doing anything.

HELP!!