Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App Switching

Default App Switching
    Hello,

I have a couple of questions on switching apps around.

First i want to take out the stock app and move all the apps after it, up one spot and the empty spot at the end, i want to put Launcher.

Then, i want to put theMyspace app inplace of safari.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Try xLauncher. Its on installer.app. It allows you to move around the homescreen icons on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman173 View Post
    Hello,

I have a couple of questions on switching apps around.

First i want to take out the stock app and move all the apps after it, up one spot and the empty spot at the end, i want to put Launcher.

Then, i want to put theMyspace app inplace of safari.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    I knew what to do to edit the Display Order, so I made this one for you.

The attachment is set up just how you wanted it, enjoy. Hopefully you know where to put it. If not, it goes in the SpringBoard.app folder.
    Attached Files Attached Files

32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I used the XLaunch "toggle icon" feature to hide the icons I didn't want visable.

Then I replaced the .png for the XLaunch icon with a black dot which is invisible on my black background... I just know where to touch to launch it.

So now I only have one obstacle left... how do I remove the name of the application (XLaunch) from the screen? I removed my stock icon names by modifying them in the LocalizedApplicationNames.strings file... but how do I do that to a 3rd party App? I poked around in the files for XLaunch (using WinSC) but didn't have any luck with a couple things I tried.

Nevermind... I found the answer here http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...ird+party+name and it worked great!
    Last edited by MotoGreg; 2007-09-03 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost