Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Before i begin... A question re: rejailing.

Default Before i begin... A question re: rejailing.
    I've read all the wiki's. I read through post after post, forum after forum.

I understand the difference between Jailbreaking and using ibrickr.
    I understand the difference between a .pxl and .ipb

However, I am not certain about the process of rejailing the phone so I can synch with iTunes again.

This link here describes the process but it clearly describes the process on an Intel Mac:

http://www.hacktheiphone.com/iphone_...lient_mac.html

There is a post on this forum: where a poster is having trouble rejailing his phone (can't find it right now), but he wrote about deleting the .plist file.

I have had quite a lot of trouble finding anything on the topic of rejailing the phone. Is it such a non issue that non writes about. I have performed search after search and found nothing. I was hoping I'd find a read me when installing ibrickr w/o success and the video NateTrue has does not even mention rejailing. The read me file for jail break/iphoneinterface sends you to NateTrue's page about ibrickr, but no mention is made of rejailing. If I use ibrickr do I not need to rejail? Have I missed all the info on the process?

If I missed the documentation on this please don't flame. It wasn't for lack of effort. Any help is appreciated in advance.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

if you are in windows you dont have to rejail, on the mac side i believe you just reupload the services.plist file

oh and with ibrickr you don't have to rejail

good luck!
    Last edited by lifesmymachine; 2007-09-03 at 11:06 AM. Reason: addition

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeliverator View Post
    I've read all the wiki's. I read through post after post, forum after forum.

I understand the difference between Jailbreaking and using ibrickr.
    I understand the difference between a .pxl and .ipb

However, I am not certain about the process of rejailing the phone so I can synch with iTunes again.

This link here describes the process but it clearly describes the process on an Intel Mac:

http://www.hacktheiphone.com/iphone_...lient_mac.html

There is a post on this forum: where a poster is having trouble rejailing his phone (can't find it right now), but he wrote about deleting the .plist file.

I have had quite a lot of trouble finding anything on the topic of rejailing the phone. Is it such a non issue that non writes about. I have performed search after search and found nothing. I was hoping I'd find a read me when installing ibrickr w/o success and the video NateTrue has does not even mention rejailing. The read me file for jail break/iphoneinterface sends you to NateTrue's page about ibrickr, but no mention is made of rejailing. If I use ibrickr do I not need to rejail? Have I missed all the info on the process?

If I missed the documentation on this please don't flame. It wasn't for lack of effort. Any help is appreciated in advance.

You can still sync with Itunes after you jailbroke the iphone.
    But if you really want to rejail your phone...just launch Itunes and click on Restore...that will bring your iphone back to factory settings.

Much appreciated. Thank you.