Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Video conversion. Let this be THE resource.

Default Video conversion. Let this be THE resource.
    Hello all,

I'm sure many people face these same issues. So I'm hoping we can solve them here and have this be the place for anyone with questions to go.

Goal: Convert ANY video to iTunes/Apple TV/iPhone/iPod compatible.

Supposedly iTunes supports multi-audio / subtitles.

typical problems:
    • Program doesn't offer enough customization to keep video quality (resolution, bit rate, etc) the same as original file
    • Program offers enough customization but not enough file type support
    • Program offers all required features but there is audio sync problems

The problem i face most is any program that allows me to keep video resolution/quality ALWAYS has audio sync problems. Fine at beginning of video, unwatchable by end.

I can use a simpler program like sothink ipod video converter which doesn't have the audio problems but doesn't allow me to keep the original resolution.

And the biggest annoyance is that is seems NO program offers iTunes compatible multi-audio. and the only way to get subtitles on is to burn them in the video. you can't use soft subs like Steve jobs said you could.

Objective: Find a program that will allow you to do the following.
    -Convert any video to ipod compatible format without problems
    -add multi-audio tracks compatible with itunes/ipod
    -add subtitle tracks compatible with itunes/ipod
    -add chapter tracks compatible with itunes/ipod

Must be able to convert from
    divx, xvid, dvd, mkv, etc.

So, with all that being said. Does anyone have any ideas? PLEASE do not just say Handbrake as it does not accomplish most of the tasks.

Default For conversion...
    I'm not sure about video editing s/w - I believe you can use some of the top-notch programs out there and then use another program to do the conversion.

Personally I'm interested in having a program that can do easily conversions from FLV, DVD, mpeg etc... to iphone/ipod format.

Until now I have tried the PQ DVD ... but it's not free - so if anyone has something better please let us know...

visualhub...
    not free tho

Default The best program ever...and 100% free
    Here you go... that the best program ever... does any conversion and it's free!!!! Yes 100% Free!!!
    SUPER .
    You are welcome