Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where are they? iPhoneRingToneMaker

Default Where are they? iPhoneRingToneMaker
    I used iPhoneRingToneMaker to add some ringtones prior to discovering this site and the incredible information here. So now I am using iPhoneBrowser and it works wonderfully. BUT! I can not locate the ringtones I added with iPhoneRingToneMaker. They are not in the library/ringtones or in the var/root/library/rintones. Anyone know where they are?
    Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@pmas:

I found them! The ringtones that iPhoneRingtoneMaker installs are located in /var/root/media/itunes_control/ringtones. The thing is, they don't have the same names you assign to them when you create them in iPhoneRingtoneMaker. Instead, they have names like "D613.mp3", "DA1C.mp3", etc. (you can still listen to them in iPhoneBrowser, though).

This appears to be is EXACTLY the same way iTunes stores the music files you put on an iPhone or iPod, i.e. it renames the files with this sort of "cataloging" file name structure. This would seem to provide some insight as to how Apple plans to use iTunes for custom ringtones in the future. It also would explain how iPhoneRingtoneMaker can get its ringtones on the iPhone without hacking it; it seems iPhoneRingtoneMaker does it the same way Apple plans on doing it in the future.
    Last edited by Stymyx; 2007-08-28 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Deleted previous post

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stymyx For This Useful Post:

pmas (2007-08-28)

excellent..thank you