Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Vista x64?

Default Vista x64?
    I know it says everywhere that it's not compatible with iPhone, but I could've sworn I read where there was a fix for this.

Help! I just built a new PC and put 64bit on it without thinking about my precious iPhone first.

Thanks
    MAN! You're not the only one to do this. I just built a new pc for my home office and, like a tool, I loaded ultimate 64 edition. I'm having all kinds problems. Most of my favorite programs won't run on 64.

What ever though, it's just a temp system untill leopard comes out anyway.

I run Vista 64 and have no problems at all. What programs don't run for you? The only one I have problems with, is of course, with the iPhone. itunes and my ipod have no problem on Vista 64..only when I try to connect the iPhone. Lucky for me I have a 32 bit laptop for the phone.

any update on this? Workaround?

Nope. not yet. Still using my 32bit notebook.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    that's so ******* ridiculous...i got a new computer and a new iphone and they don't work together?! wtf

the service pack 1 is on the way to vista x64 there is a beta somewhere out there.. it should make vista x64 more compatible with other softwares.

// Viiddee

Damn.. I was supposed to get a Vista 64 laptop.. but the one they gave me only ended up to be a 32 bit... Turns out it was a good thing..
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

There is a workaround. You have to download and install the latest version of VMware Workstation and then install XP or Vista 32 bit. Unfortunately that means you have to have a license for both Windows and VMware

Quote Originally Posted by briboynyc View Post
    There is a workaround. You have to download and install the latest version of VMware Workstation and then install XP or Vista 32 bit. Unfortunately that means you have to have a license for both Windows and VMware
    What? No you don't.
    Vista 32 has no problem with it at all. I use my vista 32bit for all modding of my iphone.

any news about this ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I also just built a Vista x64 machine and bought my iphone about a month later. I really had a fit on the Apple forums. At least I have my old XP 32bit computer which is still attached to the network, so for now I keep having to switch to the old one whenever I want to sync the phone or anything.
    Phil Nolan
    Modeler / Animator
    High 5 Productions

Still not compatible with iTunes. You would think this would be fixed since EVERY other piece of equipment attached to my three 64bit machines(and it's an extensive list) works just fine, including SLI cards, scanners, printers, hubs etc). I don't know why apple has not written a driver, especially with the latest figures that have come in for 64bit users.

iPhone? More like MyPhone shadow_cruiser's Avatar
    Thanks

All my music is on my 64bit machine. Is this whats going to make me sell my iphone?. The fact that apple doesn't want to support x64 is absurd but of course, they have the right not to as it fully supports their own platform.

The crazy thing is that iPods have no problem on Vista64. I open iTunes, sync my ipod, easy and fast. ONLY the iPhone has the issue with Vista64. Amazing.

This absolutly sucks big time, there really is no reason it shouldnt work for the iphone..

Ive got a very expensive laptop that runs Vista Ultimate x64, my music is on here etc. I shouldnt be forced into changing my configuration or adding a vm or dual boot jsut to sync an iphone! Someone needs to jsut write a driver, i dont have that knowledge myself, but someone out there should be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by pmas View Post
    The crazy thing is that iPods have no problem on Vista64. I open iTunes, sync my ipod, easy and fast. ONLY the iPhone has the issue with Vista64. Amazing.
    This is apparently because iphone requires another driver/process 'apple mobile device' thingo which has not been written for x64 yet.

This is Apple's job to do, not 'some guy' and apple should have done it before the iphone launched.

Quote Originally Posted by paul09 View Post
    This is apparently because iphone requires another driver/process 'apple mobile device' thingo which has not been written for x64 yet.

This is Apple's job to do, not 'some guy' and apple should have done it before the iphone launched.

Hey all, this may work for all you x64 Windows users out there. I'm running Vista Ultimate x64. I installed VMware Workstation 6.0.2 on my comp and ran XP SP2 x32.

I installed Itunes 7.5 and connected my iPhone, I kept on getting errors until I tried running VMware on FULL SCREEN mode. Only then did iTunes recognise my iPhone correctly. Been able to sync properly ever since as long as VMware is on full screen mode.

Hope this helps you all!

cheers