Results 1 to 3 of 3

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Working YouTube and Yahoo!

  1. #1
    iPhone? More like MyPhone maXimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    1824'N ~ 6605'W
    Posts
    162
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 20 Times in 15 Posts

    Talking Working YouTube and Yahoo!
    I'm not quite sure what is all the difficulty. Here is what I did:

    1. I reactivated my phone with the GoPhone plan and original sim to get a working YouTube.
    2. I opened YouTube and browsed it to make sure I had working data stored in the phone.
    3. I copied the data_ark.plist to my computer using WinSCP (\var\root\Library\Lockdown).
    4. I copied the .plist file from activation_records directory to my computer (the name of the file is the number of the sim).
    4. I put my other AT&T sim in the phone and did the hack to use other AT&T/Cingular sims in the iPhone (www.hacktheiphone.com).
    5. I copied the saved data_ark.plist to the phone (\var\root\Library\Lockdown) and the (sim#).plist file to the activation_records (now there are two, one for each sim).
    6. I turned off and restarted the phone.

    VOILA!!!! YouTube AND Yahoo!!!

    Note:
    -I think you must have the original (sim#).plist in the activation_records directory. Maybe the data_ark.plist looks for it. I cannot confirm this because I don't have the binkit loaded and I can't delete it.

  2. #2
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 22 Times in 7 Posts

    what i did was just find the data_ark.plist from a phone that worked, then copied the device certificate data from it and pasted it into the proper location in my data_ark.plist and my sim#.plist file in the activation_records directory and rebooted and it worked just fine at that point.

    i didn't try it without this step but I also copied the public and private keys from a phone that is working as well. These files are in the same location as the data_ark.plist file.

  3. #3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone maXimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    1824'N ~ 6605'W
    Posts
    162
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 20 Times in 15 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerGeek96 View Post
    what i did was just find the data_ark.plist from a phone that worked, then copied the device certificate data from it and pasted it into the proper location in my data_ark.plist and my sim#.plist file in the activation_records directory and rebooted and it worked just fine at that point.

    i didn't try it without this step but I also copied the public and private keys from a phone that is working as well. These files are in the same location as the data_ark.plist file.
    In my phone, the public and private keys were the same no matter which sim I activated. That is why I did not bother with them.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •