Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: customizing with ibricker / firmware 1.1.3

Default customizing with ibricker / firmware 1.1.3
    i just got my iphone from ebay a couple of days ago. it came already unlocked with firmware 1.1.3 . so i try to use ibricker to customize my sms tone and other stuff. so i downloaded ibrickr_v0.91 to do that because thats what my friend uses for his iphone, so it told me exactly this "Your iPhone has not been freed yet. Click the button below to get started.. and theres this big button that says FREE MY IPHONE. i didnt click it cuz i didnt wanna do anything stupid to brick my iphone. so i googles n came across the iBrickr special 1.1.3 jailbreak edition. i clicked check my phone. then it said "Your phone already has 1.1.3 installed! You will have to downgrade to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 before continuing." and thats from there on, i dont know what to do. cuz i thought that since my iphone was already unlocked then meant it was already jail broken but i guess not. first i need an explanation why's it doing that and then i need a solution. if anybody can help, i'd really appreciated it. thank you.

If you have Installer.app, then your phone is partially jailbroken.

The problem is that ZiPhone doesn't install the afc2 service, so IBrickr won't be able to see the full filesystem.

Manually install the afc2 service or install the ZiPhone iBrickr Fix.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage