Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to use iPhone as hard disk

Default How to use iPhone as hard disk
    Hi,

Is there any program for Windows which will allow me to transfer files from my computer to the iPhone? also to transfer ringtones etc??

I tried the iPhoneBrowser from google, but the thing just stops working.

Rajat

WinSCP requires WiFi right?
    I dont have it

I use this system to access my jailbroken devices via the sync cable:-

To install:
    First get t-pot. The most recent version at the time of this writing is at: t-pot - Google Code
    Home page: t-pot - Google Code

t-pot is a plugin for an application called total commander.

Download and install Total Commander from: Total Commander - Download

After Total Commander is installed, unzip t-pot to a folder. Run Total Commander and goto "Configuration/Options" in the file menu. Goto "Plugins" and then click the "WFX" menu button. "ADD" the t-pot's .wfx file that you unzipped. After adding it to Total Commander, close Total Commander, and load it again. T-pot should now be installed.

To use:
    Connect the iPhone/iTouch via USB.
    At the top of the two window panes is a drop down menu usually labeled [-c-]. Select Network Neighborhood [--] from it. Choose t-pot from the window pane. You should now be looking at the file system of your iPhone/iTouch. Now you can drag over files from the other window pane to it.

The above was posted by zodttd on ipodtouchfans, I'm passing this information on I didn't find it out originally it's just how I transfer using a cable.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Robcoffee For This Useful Post:

Axis77a (2008-08-18), Jordo_6 (2008-08-10), Neo-Tech (2008-07-04), tattoojack (2008-07-13)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Thanks for that, you should add it to the Wiki you know. Will make use of this too.

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robcoffee View Post

To install:
    First get t-pot. The most recent version at the time of this writing is at: t-pot - Google Code

After Total Commander is installed, unzip t-pot to a folder. Run Total Commander and goto "Configuration/Options" in the file menu. Goto "Plugins" and then click the "WFX" menu button. "ADD" the t-pot's .wfx file that you unzipped. After adding it to Total Commander, close Total Commander, and load it again. T-pot should now be installed.

To use:
    At the top of the two window panes is a drop down menu usually labeled [-c-]. Select Network Neighborhood [--] from it. Choose t-pot from the window pane. You should now be looking at the file system of your iPhone/iTouch. Now you can drag over files from the other window pane to it.

The above was posted by zodttd on ipodtouchfans, I'm passing this information on I didn't find it out originally it's just how I transfer using a cable.
    dude thats so awesome.

finaly tried it, and i must say,
    if you have trouble with winscp timing out or you have slow wifi,
    use this!
    i love how it is instantly on the phone, no waiting for the wifi to transfer it. just lightning fast.

and alot easier for the noobs to use (once its set up of course)

maybe if there was a way to include the T-pot plugin in the .exe so that part of the process would be eliminated.

it could be the ultimate customizing tool!
    Last edited by tattoojack; 2008-08-08 at 05:49 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you still want something to download ringtones use iBrickr and its free created by Nate True

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thankssss very usefull....!!!!!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am using iphone PC suite from NETDragon, and it works form my office computer, but not my home computer, dont know why?

Any suggestion?

Thanks

well it seems this program has been outdone,
    and in a HUGE way.
    this guy claims to be able to store files on the flash for use elsewhere.
    making your iphone an external usb drive!

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/windows...-explorer.html

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tattoojack For This Useful Post:

loco_dos (2008-08-10)

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    well it seems this program has been outdone,
    and in a HUGE way.
    this guy claims to be able to store files on the flash for use elsewhere.
    making your iphone an external usb drive!

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/windows...-explorer.html
    That's a neat app but it does need the ability to set permissions.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loco_dos View Post
    That's a neat app but it does need the ability to set permissions.

i totally agre but winscp or terminal can fill that gap, besides, if someone has no interest of doing stuf that requires permissions (ringtones, wallpaper, external storage) this is perfect. really hard to mess up your iphone with this program. ya know?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Acadian's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robcoffee View Post

To install:

To use:

Great program - worked without a hitch for me. Finally got something decent in my Ringtones library ("Strum" and "Bark" just weren't cutting it for some odd reason...*lol*).

Might want to note that before you drag over your mp3 ringer files that you'll need to change the extension to ".m4r" in order for them to show up on your iPhones library. You can copy the file (highlight and copy) and then paste the copied file into the same location (or a new folder) and then change the ".mp3" extension to ".m4r". Just right click on the actual file and click on "Rename".

If you don't do this you will just have a bunch of mp3's in the Library folder that the phone won't show.

Remember too that if your mp3 is named something like "Aerosmith - Rag Doll" that you'll need to remove the dash (the iPhone doesn't like dashes or other symbols).

Once you've dragged them over you will have to close Settings and then open again for them the ringers to Appear (no need to reboot the phone).
    Last edited by Acadian; 2008-08-30 at 08:08 AM.
    Cheers,
    Acadian
    Wallpaper Freak

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Acadian View Post
    Might want to note that before you drag over your mp3 ringer files that you'll need to change the extension to ".m4r" in order for them to show up on your iPhones library. You can copy the file (highlight and copy) and then paste the copied file into the same location (or a new folder) and then change the ".mp3" extension to ".m4r". Just right click on the actual file and click on "Rename".

Remember too that if your mp3 is named something like "Aerosmith - Rag Doll" that you'll need to remove the dash (the iPhone doesn't like dashes or other symbols).

first off, good job on the mp3 convert. if it is true.
    i was under the impression that they had to be converted to m4a first then changed to m4r. will try it for sure! saves me a ton of time.

second, i don't think iphone has a problem with dashes. i never have a problem with that. but if it has a period in the name, totally boned!
    for instance;
    "aerosmith.ragdoll.m4r"

that first period screws it all up.

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

try megaphone (iphone drive)
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

Green Apple
    Thanks
    best application is diskaid. Get it here and its free
    http://www.digidna.net/diskaid/

you only need itunes installed and it works without wifi and works well with usb both for mac & pc users.