Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Custom Ringtone loading Problem PLEASE HELP ME

Default Custom Ringtone loading Problem PLEASE HELP ME
    Hello,

I recently got a new iphone 1.1.3 and I'm using itunes 7.6. My problem is that I'm trying to add custom ringtones but the bloody thing doesn't want to do it. I've made sure that the tones are under 30 seconds, changed them to .m4r etc etc but when I do get them to add, and open my phone, I get only 1 ringtone appearing twice instead of two separate tones

I've tried searching youtube for a solution and people don't seem to have the same problem. Please, oh please help as it's getting on my nerves now

Feel free to email me on [email protected] or just post here if you can help. There has to be a solution......help me please.

Thanks,

Minty

Just add custom ringtones by just putting them into Library/Ringtones directory on the phone. I named them without the space before m4r like this ringtone.m4r for example. Even after itunes snyc they stay in place.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

Thanks. Tried that and pressed sync. The tone didn't load, it just duplicated the original custom file. It also doesn't allow me to drag some other in???? HEEEEEELLLLP!

in itunes, uncheck manually manage music and videos, when you want to syn songs, use the playlists, in the ringtone tab, make sure they're checked, after you add the song via changing the extension, it should sync.

You need to SHH using WinSCP.
    Then all you have to do is change the file(ringtone) to .M4R and put it into
    the Library/Ringtones folder.
    I tried it on v1.1.3, its the only way i can have custom ringtones!!

When it works, hit Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone oldskoolkid13's Avatar
    Thanks

try using iringer, it works great for me, all you have to do is edit the ringtone and it will automatically put it in itunes for u

7. The Following User Says Thank You to oldskoolkid13 For This Useful Post:

tejan0 (2009-02-01)