Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinSCP Trouble

Default WinSCP Trouble
    Hi everyone, I've had a great time playing around with changing themes, but want to start adding new applications to my iPhone. I followed the directions on the "Installing 3rd PArty apps..." wiki but can't seem to log in to the phone. I keep getting "Network error: connection refused." Any ideas as to what may be causing the problem? Thanks in advance.

Bruce

Do you have ssh installed? If so did you chmod it?

ssh is installed and I ran the sshify-windows.bat file just as the directions from the wiki show. I'm not sure how to chmod it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bruce

Are you sure you are typing in the correct ip address? Because when I did mine the first time it ask for a password. And when I put my desktop ip address I got the connection refused. Go into your Iphone setting - WiFi - and fine the network that you are connected to. Right of that you should see a blue cir. with a arrow pointing to the right, click on that and it will show you your Iphone IP address.

There's a little window in winscp that defaults to "SFTP". Have you changed this to "SCP"? If not, there's your problem.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to spy008 For This Useful Post:

k1dr0ck (2007-10-26)

Quote Originally Posted by XFaega View Post
    Are you sure you are typing in the correct ip address? Because when I did mine the first time it ask for a password. And when I put my desktop ip address I got the connection refused. Go into your Iphone setting - WiFi - and fine the network that you are connected to. Right of that you should see a blue cir. with a arrow pointing to the right, click on that and it will show you your Iphone IP address.
    Yup. I'm using the iPhone IP address and I selected SCP. Still having the same problem... Very frustrating.

Bruce

EDIT: Anyone else having this issue? I've made multiple attempts - even reinstalled the required files. All to no avail... My next option is to track someone down with a Mac. Thanks.
    Last edited by iPhonePutz; 2007-08-26 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

having the sma eproblem man... network error connection refused...

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

I've had the issue since updating to 1.02...

O.k. I tried adding new sources to the install list and used them to change my themes and my Iphone got jacked up. So I had to do a full restore. After doing the restore I did the ssh install and got the connection refused when you try to ssh the iphone after installing it. So what I did was took the iphone out of the cradle and put it back in after I jailed it. Then went into iFuntastic and jailbreak and ran the ssh install again. After that everything went smooth. So my point is go into terminal and make sure you can ssh from there. It sounds like you didn't get all the files need to ssh correctly. That is why you are having problems WINSCP login. Your correct passwd is not set correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
    I've had the issue since updating to 1.02...
    maybe that's the issue. I didn't try using ssh and winSCP until after I updated to 1.0.2.

Is it possible to revert back to 1.0.1?
    Last edited by iPhonePutz; 2007-08-26 at 08:07 PM.

I changed tactics (read: I gave up) and used iBrickr to load the installer app instead. Everything seems to be working well now.

Default WINSCP problems???? :(
    Guys,
    Does anyone know what's wrong here?
    Just jailbroke 1.1.4 and after I installed some apps I get this on WINSCP?
    Can anyone offer some help?

"Command 'ls -la '
    failed with return code 133 and error message
    dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/arm-apple-darwin/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib
    Referenced from: /bin/ls
    Reason: image not found."

Last edited by tommyd75; 2008-04-24 at 05:50 AM. Reason: picture is to small

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tommyd75 View Post
    Guys,
    Does anyone know what's wrong here?
    Just jailbroke 1.1.4 and after I installed some apps I get this on WINSCP?
    Can anyone offer some help?

"Command 'ls -la '
    failed with return code 133 and error message
    dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/arm-apple-darwin/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib
    Referenced from: /bin/ls
    Reason: image not found."

Did you add openssh and bsd subsystem?
    16 GB 1.1.4 Ziphone Unlocked, Activated, Jailbroken
    If I helped you make sure to hit the thanks button

[How To] Customize on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4......Windows Guide...............OS X Guide

How To Fix A Broken Ringer/Silent Switch

Yes I have both installed....

EDIT: I tried reinstalling open ssh and restarting but that didn't fix it, so then i tried reinstalling BSD subsystem and it failed execution script, so then I remembered that I jailbroke with ZiPhone and that is preinstals BSD and open ssh, o I rejailbroke it and now I can log in again with WinScp without any errors.

Thanks for the lead....
    Last edited by tommyd75; 2008-04-24 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Found problem

Just try turning the phone off then back on. That fixed it for me in 1.1.4 and the phone cant be on a off screen mode it needs to be on fully to work.