Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help Required - Weather Icon

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Help Required - Weather Icon
    I wonder if someone can help me with an issue I have with the weather icon. The issue is that no matter summerboard or iSwitcher theme I use i cannot get the weather icon to change.
    I have restored my phone at the cost of losing the carrier and no phone use but I still can't get the icon to change.
    Any help?

Cheers

The first thing i would do is make sure the weather icon is listed as Weather.png in your themes. Capitalization matters. If your icons are in your themes as weather.png they will not change. Also check for correct spelling of weather. Hope that helps.

See the Skinning/Themes forum.

Basically if you are on firmware 1.1.2 or above and are not set to use US Country info, your Weather icon is Celsius, not Fahrenheit. This is controlled by a special setting in the Weather.app Info.plist that tells SpringBoard to load a different icon for Weather.app.

You can edit your Info.plist or download one to fix this, or set your phone to US.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

Hi, I just found my way out of this problem. Install the Weather icon fix in the installer under the Tweaks folder. Hope this helps

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

yeah the guys told u the old school method of doing it and i still do it. lol.