Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any way to change file permissions via the USB cable?

Default Any way to change file permissions via the USB cable?
    As it says above I can access the file system fine but I can't change file permissions with iPhone browser or total commander is there any way to do this ?

Edit , I'm on modded firmware 2.0.1
    Last edited by gordyboyuk; 2008-08-10 at 04:03 PM.

I too would like to know.

hey I found a way to set permissions to 775 by using boss prefs in cydia launch boss prefs an click the more button then u can click the button to fix file permissions and it sets certain ones to 775 , worked for me anyway

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

but you can't set 777 permission

Ya i was wondering the same thing. My iphone is jailbroken and would love to put cracked apps on them. But im not on a wifi network and can't ssh them. Is their a way to put cracked apps via usb/iphone browser or another method?

Nm sorry for the double post. But i found a easy way one click method of getting cracked apps without the use of ssh or changing any permissions. I take no credit this guy on youtube made the amazing program.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

install iCommander from Cydia...change permission directly from your iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by SundayDuffer View Post
    install iCommander from Cydia...change permission directly from your iphone.
    Better yet use the program i posted. It takes 10 seconds and you dont have to use any permissions or mess around with anything. Just drag and drop your cracked apps sync and you're done.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowcake916 View Post
    Better yet use the program i posted. It takes 10 seconds and you dont have to use any permissions or mess around with anything. Just drag and drop your cracked apps sync and you're done.
    gordyboyuk didn't say anything about installing cracked apps...

I too would like to know how to do this mainly so I can add winterboard themes from my work computer to my iphone. And also change permissions via Windows if needed.

*EDIT*

So far the best solution I found was to use iphonebrowser 1.70 for file management (http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser/downloads/list), then use iCommander (Cydia) for permissions. Two stones to kill one bird I guess but good enough for me.

*EDIT 2*

I found a solution.

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48459

Now I got two birds with one stone...wooo
    Last edited by oo3; 2008-08-27 at 08:28 PM. Reason: possible solution.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to oo3 For This Useful Post:

CoBra1 (2008-09-17)

Now that is neat software!
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

Quote Originally Posted by oo3 View Post
    gordyboyuk didn't say anything about installing cracked apps...

I too would like to know how to do this mainly so I can add winterboard themes from my work computer to my iphone. And also change permissions via Windows if needed.

*EDIT*

So far the best solution I found was to use iphonebrowser 1.70 for file management (iphonebrowser - Google Code), then use iCommander (Cydia) for permissions. Two stones to kill one bird I guess but good enough for me.

*EDIT 2*

I found a solution.

[1.1.4 - 2.0][Guide] SSH or WinSCP without wifi (via USB cable) - Hackint0sh

Now I got two birds with one stone...wooo
    Thank u very much, just what i was lookin for

Hey try my WinSCP Packed "n" Portable - No wifi required, It's just 1.8MB, fast, clean and no command prompt annoying. You can do anything you want via USB cable. Give it a try: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/windows...-portable.html

Default It's True--BossPrefs works for permissions!!!!!
    I tried it (downloaded bossprefs with my neighbors wifi) and tried it just now on my comp. and i can now put my cracked apps on my ipod touch yayy!!!!!!