Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help. I have deleted my Applications folder in iPhone by mistake.

Unhappy Please help. I have deleted my Applications folder in iPhone by mistake.
    I know it sounds weird but I have deleted my iPhone's application folder.
    I have an unlocked iphone and I am using another sim card in another country.

I was trying to use the iDemocracy software to delete something else when I deleted the entire "Applications folder". I downloaded from Stock files from the download section but the main screen icons appear but are un-clickable.

I read somewhere that the permissions should be set to 755. To use winscp, I need the phone's ipaddress but since I can't access my main screen, I can't do that.

I will be very grateful if someone helps me out of this mess.

Should I restore my unlocked iphone? Will restore bring back my phone in locked or unlocked condition? Please help. I am all ears.

Assuming that you have access to your routers set-up, just assign a static IP address of your choosing to your iPhone. You'll then be able to use WinSCP.

I have all of my PCs and our 2 iPhones set up this way for my network so that I always know how to access them from whatever I choose to use.

Then you can set permissions and you'll be sorted.

Alternatively, on the status page on the router set-up, you should be able to see what dynamic IP address has been assigned to your iPhone and use that, though it may change half way through if the lease time expires.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rip For This Useful Post:

sureshmilton (2008-01-23)

Default Thank you for your reply
    Thank you for your reply.

I do have access to the router main page. I will look for the setttings wherein I can set the iphone's ip.

I did not know you could set the I.P of the systems that connect to the router.

Since I have an unlocked iphone, will a itunes restore work just as well?

I would suggest that you attempt to set the permissions first, at least you'll be in no worse situation.

Failing that, then go for a restore, though I don't know what the outcome would be.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rip For This Useful Post:

sureshmilton (2008-01-24)

Smile Thank You
    Hi,

Everything worked out fine, thanks to you. Spent some time connecting to the iphone with winSCP but it turned out fine in the end. Setting the folders to permission 755 did not work, however. I input a statement in the terminal in winscp to set the permissions right and then it started to work!

Now to virginize my phone and update to 1.1.1

I have the same problem I have winscp and cant find the applications folder. I am not able to open Installer, Do you think that it currupted and that is why that I can't access it?

delete the .ini file and create new connection that it.