Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: All I get is scrolling text!

Default All I get is scrolling text!
    Hi I'm trying to mod my iPhone and I opened ibrickr 9.01 and booted my phone. I got the red screen and waited and now all i can get is scrolling text on a black screen then the apple sign over and over again. I restart it and it just starts again. my computer doesn't recognize my phone. what do i do?!?!?!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    hold the lock button(top one) and the home button for about 30 sec i think then is will put it into manual restore... restoring will wipe your contacts so if ibricker can connect then get the address book files off of it... after putting it into restore mode it should have a picture of the itunes logo and a plug now you plug it into the computer it itunes will notice your phone is in restore and then you follow on screen to restore but you will want the 1.1.1 firmware so you dont go to 1.1.3 any questions... dont put it into restore and reply in then thread

you should use the firmware here http://iphone.unlock.no/#restore-firmware-files
    make sure its the 1.1.1 then once restored go to jailbreakme.com and jail break add ssh and bsd subsystem from installer {im not sure what else to add i think thats all} and try connecting again from ibricker it works for me everytime
    Last edited by werm098; 2008-01-23 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Check out iKenny, Windows Vista theme, or Windows Vista theme 2 :]
    If I Help You In Any Way PLZ Hit The Thanks Button

I MOD MY LIFE
    This Is My Signature.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I can't get itunes to detect my phone after getting this scrolling text. After holding it down for 30 seconds it just powers off. Any suggestions?

Never mind!!!
    Last edited by bgattis; 2008-01-25 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Figured it out

DO THIS STEP BY STEP MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS DOCKED
    TRY TO RUN THE EXE ( stated below ) WEN THE TRIANGLE SHOWES UP OR A LIL BEFORE

thanks to

In the iBrickr folder your will find the executable iphoneinterface.exe.

1. Connect the iPhone to the PC.
    2. Close iTunes.
    3. Double click iphoneinterface.exe in the iBrickr folder.
    4. enter command "enterrecovery" and press enter.
    5. Your iPhone should be in restore mode again.

Start up iBrickr and see what it says. If it gives you the option to restore 1.0.2, do so.
    No need to run anySIM!

If iBrickr doesn't give you that option, restore to 1.0.2 with iTunes (shift restore and select the 1.0.2 firmware file).
    Use this firmware file: http://modmyi.com/forums/downloa...do=file&id=479
    After restore run iBrickr to jailbreak the iPhone.

What ever you do, don't restore to a higher firmware version than 1.0.2!

Fresh...

step 4 may not be needed
    Last edited by radigroove; 2008-01-26 at 06:50 AM.