Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Vnsea

Default Vnc
    Hi,

I installed the App called VNC

It works perfectly with my home wifi but when I try to use it over EDGE. It doesn't work.
    I tried so and looked everywhere and can't seem to get the answer
    can someone post a step by step tutorial how to set it up for using it over EDGE.
    Do I have to change any setting in PC or on the Iphone?
    Thanks
    Last edited by rakib2030; 2008-01-22 at 10:38 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    it dosent work over edge period because i dont think the phone has an ip when on edge so it cant connect to a computer like that... just like with winscp and all programs you need and ip srry i wish i could do it 2
    Check out iKenny, Windows Vista theme, or Windows Vista theme 2 :]
    If I Help You In Any Way PLZ Hit The Thanks Button

I MOD MY LIFE
    This Is My Signature.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

you need to be connected via wifi
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks but I thought there was a way over EDGE. So, if I goto starbucks or someplace with a Wifi connection. I could connect is this true.

It works fine over edge, i use it daily to clock in and out of work. Make sure you have the vnc port open on your router/firewall, i think its 5900 by default, also make sure its forwarding that port to the computer running vnc.