Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Mobile Device (recovery mode) WTF? help

iPhone? More like MyPhone j3wbagell's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Mobile Device (recovery mode) WTF? help
    so im in recovery mode and i plug into my comp (i have to have it plugged in to get into recovery mode) and it says that (the title). i Brickr wont work because for some reason it wont work is there a driver or something somewhere i dont know whats wrong any help is appreciated.

no one can help?

no one can help?
    Last edited by j3wbagell; 2008-01-19 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My parents didn't pay for my iPhone.
    *If i help you hit that "Thanks" button for me*

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Dude that was the most vague complaint I have ever seen. Be more specific. I am not sure that was even in English LOL. Stop panicking, calm down, sit back, and give us a few sentences explaining things liek what version FW you have, what you did before with the iphone (ie unlocked, etc) and so on. We need to know more than "my iphone is in restore and Ibrickr says FU" This is most likely why you have no responses

iPhone? More like MyPhone j3wbagell's Avatar
    Thanks

haha ok well then its gonna be long

i have 1.1.2 it was jailbroken using oktoprep

so i turn my phone off and back on (i do this once a day through habit) and i get the apple logo screen, but when its supposed to load up to the home screen it has the loading circle as well as the apple logo screen.if i hold the power and home buttons it turns of and on twice only to not turn back on (not going into recovery mode). sometimes when i turn it off its almost as the logo screen was like burned into it and it takes about 30 seconds to fade away.

So i tried getting into recovery mode while it is plugged into my computer it worked so i was all excited then bam "apple mobile device (recovery mode)." It's trying to find the hardware for it. Also its not even a permanent recovery mode if you unplug it and plufg it back in it goes to the logo screen.

there everything i can think of.

nothing from anyone?

help please
    Last edited by j3wbagell; 2008-01-21 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My parents didn't pay for my iPhone.
    *If i help you hit that "Thanks" button for me*

4. The Following User Says Thank You to j3wbagell For This Useful Post:

lobo2 (2008-01-20)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Have you tried restoring yet??

He has a jailbroken 1.1.2 he can not restore as that will get him to 1.1.2 OTB condition
    And i still dont get what the problem is.So, j3wbagell can u please elaborate on ur problem.
    Plus u might get the apple logo screen to appear for longer while u shut down due to installation on many 3rd party apps which take time to shut down!!!!!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    There has been an issue with the recent iPhone update where it leaves the

phone in Recovery Mode. Here are some steps that have been known to fix

this problem for Windows users:

1. Disconnect your iPhone from the computer.

2. Restart the computer.

3. Connect the iPhone to the computer.

4. Select Install Drivers Later on the dialog that appears.

5. Hold down the Windows Key and press R.

6. Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.

7. Right-click Apple Mobile Device listed under Other Devices and then select

Properties.

8. Select Browse…

9. Point it to CProgram Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support

and click OK.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roy10 For This Useful Post:

mccav (2008-07-15), Superdark (2008-12-02)

Default Champion and a half!!!
    Dude you are awesome!! I signed up just so I could tell you that (a bit lame on my part i know, but anyways) I spent hours searching the net trying to fix my iPod, and your info was the best, it took a whole 30secs to do. Thanks again.

hey ,
    i need help with my iphone it's stuck in restore mode i believe i need the mobile phone device driver. can anyone help please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 7os7os View Post
    hey ,
    i need help with my iphone it's stuck in restore mode i believe i need the mobile phone device driver. can anyone help please!!!
    Read roy10's post and follow it to the DOT. Perfectly done roy10, it worked for me. Kudos

it didn't work for me.
    I have the exact same problem. Except after I click okay it says device driver not found. I know what your thinking... uninstall itunes quick times apple device manager and restart and reinstall itunes right?
    I did that. failed.
    Then I read somewhere else, that I could open the itunes setup with winrar and ONLY install the apple device manager thing, and still nothing ...

argggggggggg and I was telling all my friends that the Iphone was perfectly fine and stable......

HOLY ****!!! Thank you SO much! After about 12 hours (no not straight) Damn iTunes finally recognized my stupid iPhone!

Thanks again!!

I owe you my thanks too Roy10! This definitely should be something apple addresses on their troubleshooters, I spent 7 straight hours installing, reinstalling, etc. etc. etc. Wish I had searched the issue from this angle earlier!

Hi ! My case is even more complicated ! As per roy10 , i did till step 6, and in step 7, i couldnt see any apple mobile device listed under the other devises section ! What should i do ! Im having a jailbroken iPod touch 2G ! I tried uninstalling & reinstalling several versions of itunes, but none worked !

Its not working !
    Last edited by vallurimukesh; 2010-06-10 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost