Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone wont connect to iTunes, wont restore, or anything AFC Error

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone wont connect to iTunes, wont restore, or anything AFC Error
    So yeah I've tried resetting my phone, connecting to iTunes and trying to do a restore through iTunes, nothing will work. Any suggestions? Please think outside the box... Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ArsenicIce View Post
    So yeah I've tried resetting my phone, connecting to iTunes and trying to do a restore through iTunes, nothing will work. Any suggestions? Please think outside the box... Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

i think one of the fixes were to restart both your computer and iphone, then dock and try jailbreaking it again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to arthursdomain For This Useful Post:

ArsenicIce (2007-08-18)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Tried it, still nothing, so there is no way to flash a firmware or do a complete restore without using iTunes? This sucks...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I think I have had the same problem as you but I have had it for 3 weeks. I finally gave up and did a complete reset and it still does not work.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to phifer8390 For This Useful Post:

ArsenicIce (2007-08-18)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Fixed it, connected to another computer and went through the restore process, works great now...

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Nice.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

ArsenicIce (2007-08-18)

Quote Originally Posted by phifer8390 View Post
    I think I have had the same problem as you but I have had it for 3 weeks. I finally gave up and did a complete reset and it still does not work.
    Hi,

I encountered similar problem before I had ran any of the hacking software at all. First my cell modem part seemed to crap out, the iPhone screen popped with a "try going to www.apple.com/support"... it suggested restore.. I tried that then the phone was completely screwed. iTunes complained about some error code and the iPhone is stuck with the yellow triangle saying connect...

I upgraded to latest iTunes (PC) and tried again, still failed. Took back to store, they tried on iMac + PC, both failed. Sent off to be repaired, they sent me a brand new iPhone 2 days later..

New one works fine!

Chris

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lithium For This Useful Post:

ArsenicIce (2007-08-18)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Heres how to fix... After awhile of troubleshooting... I Restored using my labtop (Not original Desktop PC I synced with) and after the restore of my labtop i synced, unplugged, plugged up to my Desktop, Opened Itunes and it automatically synced and is now fully functional word of advice to anyone modding IF YOU CANT RESTORE FROM INITIAL COMPUTER, USE ANOTHER TO DOWNLOAD ITUNES AND RESTORE AND SYNC, THEN PLUG BACK INTO ORIGINAL COMPUTER AND LET IT AUTOMATICALLY SYNC This is how to fix the connection issue and AFC error's... Cheers