Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dead section of touch screen Q

Default Dead section of touch screen Q
    Hello,

One small section of my iphone's screen is dead. It is a one inch stripe that goes from the left to the right of the screen. It isn't a huge deal except for when I install something through the apptap installer, and a message comes up, and won't proceed with the install until you hit ok.

Alright, so my question is, is there another way to hit the ok button within the installer? Or is there a setting somewhere that positions the window that I can edit?

Can the double home button clear the "OK" Screen?

Any suggestions?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

nope... your pretty much sol.... unlles you restore and take to apple
    If i helped hit Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by julianqm2 View Post
    nope... your pretty much sol.... unlles you restore and take to apple
    Nope, not an option. I live in canada, and it was hardware unlocked a while ago, so can't do that. Anybody please have any suggestions. I am willing to try anything crazy, like putting it in the freezer.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

buy a new screen off ebay and install it
    If i helped hit Thanks!

Thanks

There are many places to buy the screen, if you hardware unlocked you should be able to install that

I didn't hardware unlock it, I bought it hardware unlocked. Is there a way to kit ok through iphuc?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

It looks like this is a classic case of you wanting us to tell you you can do something to fix this that you can not. In other words take it to apple. If you can't do that then install another screen. If you can't do that you are screwed. For the record I would try a reset (don't now if you have done that). If that doesn't fix it then its hardware and you need to either take to apple or buy a new screen. If you can get your hands on just the touch sensor portion thats enough, you don't need to buy the full lcd. Not sure if they sell that though.

Does the touch screen come seperate from the LCD? I thought they were one unit. Also how hard is it to install?

maybe this will help. It has worked with some touchscreen problems.

http://limitededitioniphone.com/ipho...e-sensitivity/

please report back

It didn't "Fix" the problem, but it does work a little bit. Thanks allot, great suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobaman View Post
    It didn't "Fix" the problem, but it does work a little bit. Thanks allot, great suggestion.
    Cool

What do you mean by "it does work a little bit"?

I mean that If i put the sensitivity up all the way, then I can push parts of the buttons that pop up, but when I try and type something (Say in safari) The whole top row of letters will not work. So then I have to go back to settings and change the sensitivity the other way so that I can type. But if a button comes up, then I have to switch the sensitivity again. not a huge deal.
    Anything I can do in regards to that?

thanks for your help by the way, this saved me big time.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Like I said, this is a hardware issue. Whats probably happening is the top portion of the touch screen harware is not as close to the glass as it should be, or something like that. I still say take it to apple before your time runs out.

i have the same problem, i did the cheat at: iPhone Touchscreen Fix: Increase Sensitivity
    where I have made my own files to get the sliders lower.
    ITS NOT THE HARDWARE but software as I am able to move the NONETOUCH strip from top to bottom of the phone. so the touch screen is fine it just wont read that I am touching it in that 1cm strip.