Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Help with WinSCP

Default Need Help with WinSCP
    I read in another thread about inputting username=root and password=alpine, but i'm confused about where to put my iphone IP address. Do i put it as the hostname? because i've tried this and got a Networkerror: Connection timed out. Also should my ipone be connected while i'm doing this? Can someone help walk me through the process?

Thanks

Your IP is placed in the HOST field. And make its set to SFTP, not FTP. Your phone doesn't need to be connected to the computer, but WiFi does need to be enabled. If this is the first time you're connecting to your iPhone, it may timeout a couple of times, because it needs to generate an encryption pairing key, which takes about 30 to 40 seconds to complete. Just keep trying.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

koballa (2008-01-09)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Your IP is placed in the HOST field. And make its set to SFTP, not FTP. Your phone doesn't need to be connected to the computer, but WiFi does need to be enabled. If this is the first time you're connecting to your iPhone, it may timeout a couple of times, because it needs to generate an encryption pairing key, which takes about 30 to 40 seconds to complete. Just keep trying.
    is there any other program I can use that doesn't require the wifi, but just a straight usb connection? Because I can get a wifi signal in my house.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Download ibrickr!

=] don't forget to use the thanks button.