Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP!!!! Can "re"-unlock iphone(s)

Question HELP!!!! Can "re"-unlock iphone(s)
    First, I want to say thank you to all the intelligent people who post here who have come up with so much useful information!

With that said...I have two 4GB iphones which I purchased back in Aug. Both phones were unlocked using jailbreakme and AnySim so I could take advantage of my T-Mobile employee phone rates. Originally, when I unlocked both phones, I only had one problem which I could live with for the short-term; if I powered off either phone, I'd get "No Service" when I restarted the phones so I'd use OneSim then AnySim again to have my T-Mobile SIM work again. Well, like clockwork, one phone stopped working completely about 3 weeks ago and the other phone stopped working about 2 weeks ago. When I say they stopped working, I couldn't get my T-Mobile SIM's to work again. I have verified my T-Mobile SIMS's still work however, I'm at a loss for words at what is going on. I know this is long but if you truly want to help me, please read on. I have a Macbook Pro and a desktop using XP. I'm posting in the Windows forum because I'm not familiar enough with my MAC yet (just bought it a month ago) to understand how to get what looks like a simple thing (iphuc) to work.
    Steps taken:
    - Upgraded to 1.1.2 on both phones
    - Attempted to downgrade to 1.0.2 using iBrickr (didn't work)
    - Attempted to download 1.1.1 and 1.0.2 then through DFU mode and although I got an error message, the code sequence for the errors didn't match. Still didn't work.
    - Installed jailbreak.jar but this appears to only work on 1.0.2 (says so in my error message) so it didn't work.
    - Installed 7.4.3 iTunes
    - Put the phones manually into DFU and ran the restore again (this time from Apple so I could get 1.1.2.
    - Now both phones are stuck in this screen that has an iTunes icon and the cable at the bottom. I cannot get out of DFU mode. I cannot even get iTunes to see my phone. Using iBrickr, it will not see my phone. I'm at work right now so I can't use any type of SSH because I don't have wi-fi and even if I did, I can't even get into either phone. Can someone please help me with not only getting past this screen but helping me identify where I went wrong and if these phones are dead weight now?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Magnum's Avatar
    Thanks

try holding down the home and power buttons while its plugged in with itunes up...i had a similar problem where it wouldnt find my phone but i did that and it was all gravy never had a problem after that after so...as for as ya tmobile not workin.....im with ATT...sorry...funny though i bought my phone in august too...was a b-day present...hope this helps for you as it did me!