Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Applelogo.png

Default Applelogo.png
    I tried to change the Apple power up logo on my iPhone tonight (applelogo.png) so I made up a new picture and named it to applelogo.png and moved it to my phonedmg folder. Well I forgot to set it to interlaced when I did it so I went back in to delete the file and it says another program is using the file and I can't delete it.

I've cancelled every program that I could even think of that would be using the file (including unplugging the phone entirely), restarting the computer (in and out of safe mode), renaming it or replacing it which it won't let me do and nothing will let me delete the file. Can anyone help me delete this file!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher387A View Post
    I tried to change the Apple power up logo on my iPhone tonight (applelogo.png) so I made up a new picture and named it to applelogo.png and moved it to my phonedmg folder. Well I forgot to set it to interlaced when I did it so I went back in to delete the file and it says another program is using the file and I can't delete it.

I've cancelled every program that I could even think of that would be using the file (including unplugging the phone entirely), restarting the computer (in and out of safe mode), renaming it or replacing it which it won't let me do and nothing will let me delete the file. Can anyone help me delete this file!?!

1. you may want to check a defrager or antivirus
    2. rename the file (if you can) and then try delete
    3. use this program here
    it will allow you to move the program on boot, this way it should be free of whatever is controlling it
    4. if all else fails, regedit delete (google it) will certainly work.

I've done options 1 and 2. I just downloaded option 3 (which looks like it's going to work). Thanks and I will report on progress after I restart my computer