Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Swapping AT&T sims please help

Default Swapping AT&T sims please help
    OK I have an Iphone v. 1.1.2 (it was updated from what I guess was 1.1.1), it is a week 30 phone. I was wondering what I have to do to be able to switch out alternate AT&T sim cards. For example, if a friend wanted to try out the Iphone, I want them to be able to stick in their AT&T sim without having to activate, or have any trouble at all. I am a current AT&T customer and the Iphone has been activated for a little over a month already. If I jailbreak the phone will this be possible? Any help will be great! Thanks in advance guys.

Well, since iPhones use a certain type of SIM card, just putting any old AT&T SIM card in it won't work. I don't know about Unlocking the phone and then putting the SIM in it, as I don't have to worry about that (I'm an AT&T customer).

Otherwise, its a no-go.

32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen

It works. I have used my phone with 3 different sim cards. The only problem is that none of the contacts from the card will be usable on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicFTW View Post
    Well, since iPhones use a certain type of SIM card, just putting any old AT&T SIM card in it won't work. I don't know about Unlocking the phone and then putting the SIM in it, as I don't have to worry about that (I'm an AT&T customer).

Otherwise, its a no-go.
    All Iphones(US/DE/UK/FR) just use normal bog standard SIM cards on AT&T you will notice that they are 3G when the Iphone doesn't support UMTS 1900 or 2100!

An OTB phone/activated with a contract is tied to ONE sim card unless the lockdown file is modified to accept more than one SIM card (Remembering that an OTB 1.1.2 phone also has a SIM lock for that particular network

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subway999 View Post
    All Iphones(US/DE/UK/FR) just use normal bog standard SIM cards on AT&T you will notice that they are 3G when the Iphone doesn't support UMTS 1900 or 2100!

An OTB phone/activated with a contract is tied to ONE sim card unless the lockdown file is modified to accept more than one SIM card (Remembering that an OTB 1.1.2 phone also has a SIM lock for that particular network
    Sorry but I had a SLVR before my iPhone and i gave it to my girlfriend and i pay for that phone still. I switch the SIM's in the phone and her SIM DEFINATELY worked in my iPhone. It's not locked to just one SIM.