Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone wont boot anymore, HELP

Default Iphone wont boot anymore, HELP
    long story short, tried to get the NES app working. Part of this trying i created the /bin directory in the root when i downloaded some bin files from this site's download page.

since i created the /bin directory, i deleted it today when i was going to follow "k0mpresd" new guide.

deleting the /bin directory and rebooting the phone made the iphone not boot.
    this is wat i get when i try to boot.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Singleuser boot -- fsck not done
    Root service is mounted read-only

if you want to make modifications to filles:

/sbin/fsck -fy
    /sbin/mount -uw /

if you wish to boot the system
    exit

aug 12 16:28:33 launch(281): cant exec /bin/sh for single user: no such file or directory

---------------------------------------------------------------------

how can i fix this? or restore? cant seem to acces the phone in any way right now. im sure if i can get that /bin dir back it will work again, but how??

(((

screenshot of the same problem

http://poopforbrains.com/2007/7/23/crashed

anyone, help??
    Last edited by bonefish; 2007-08-12 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I don't know if this will help in your phone's state (and you might have even tried this). But you should aim to set your phone into "recovery mode," so you can do a restore. You ususally do this by holding down the sleep and home buttons together. You continue to hold them as the phone reboots, and while the phone is starting up, you continue to hold them down. Keep holding them until you see a yellow triangle, then let go. Then I'd launch iTunes (if it doesn't launch by itself) and attempt a restore.

Q: My phone is bricked aka. frozen, stuck on the apple screen or some screen.

A: Hold power and home until your screen goes into restore mode, place it back on the dock and have it resync with itunes for a FULL FACTORY RESTORE.
    except taken from the WINDOWS MODDING FAQ

thanks god, it worked!! thank you

My phone gets stuck on the apple screen I tried holding the home and power keys but the yellow triangle doesn't show....any suggestions?