Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: syncing problems with itunes

Default syncing problems with itunes
    Today for some reason my phone is now taking up to 5 minutes to sync. It usually takes up to 30 seconds when I first plug my phone into itunes. I could understand that it would take some time if I were adding movies or music, but Im not. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling itunes. Tried different versions of itunes.Tried different USB ports. Ive tried resetting my phone numorous times. I even restored my phone to see if it solved the problem, but it didnt. I really dont mind that it takes that long as long as it still sync's. I just want to figure out why all of a sudden it started to do this and if there is a solution to the problem. If any one could could tell me if theres a problem with my phone, itunes, computer or even the usb cable please let me know.

Thanks,

Jordan
    1.1.2 Jailbroken

It could be something with iTunes side, such as trying to connect your mail client to sync up your contacts, maybe it cant get a hold of it, like if its on a domain. Something is holding it back. If you look in your document and settings folder drill down in there into appliation data then apple and browse around in there, there are log files, i would give you the exact path but im not near one to look.

Dixit