Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to save contact photos from Iphone to cpu?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default How to save contact photos from Iphone to cpu?
    I'm trying to save a contact or just the contact photo of me and Chingy, but my screen only shows the Charger port and an arrow toward the iTunes Logo. IDK how to save this contact on a Windows cpu. can someone help me. I'm trying to restore my iphone via iTunes to see if that's the problem why my iPhone is stuck on this screen. But I know that it will erase everything I have and I need that photo....bad!

Someone help me....thanks in advance

Hey, try to plug in ya phone then go to start>computer> you should see ur phone as another removable device dbl click it then it'll take u to all the phones components (folders) DCIM is the photos (check there) if not there check ur contacts folder. Good Luck!

Thanks

no, it recognizes my phone once i connect to my cpu by making a sound. But once go to start->My Computer it shows all of the available ports, but once i click on them, each one says,"Pleas insert a disk into Removable drive(F-(I. this didn't solve this issue, thanks anyway for your help.

Does the iPhone turn on or display that image always? Have you tried restarting the iPhone?
    Thanks,
    Matt

Ok I just check on my cpu I was wrong its under "portable Devices" it shows as a camera and says "Apple iPhone" Im on windows vista which OS are u on?

Here's a screenshot if it helps. Sorry for the quality but u should get it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -comp.png  

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeathaFace View Post
    Ok I just check on my cpu I was wrong its under "portable Devices" it shows as a camera and says "Apple iPhone" Im on windows vista which OS are u on?

It doesn't work for me, below is my screenshot.

Also there are pl experiencuing the same thing I am with the "Dock- arrow- itunes logo" screen like me. :I list of ppl / same problem by searching Google
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screenshot.jpg  

It sounds like you need to restore, there's no hope. Call him over and take a new picture with him .
    Thanks,
    Matt

Thanks

Alright, well thanks for your help anyways bro.

hustla, if it helps...i restored my phone many times, and all of my contact photos are still there. I wasn't even concerned with keeping them, its just that when i finally got my phone back up and running, i noticed that i didn't have to retake the contact photos that were there previously...maybe itunes saves them when it backs up your device when syncing? not sure, but hope it helps.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeathaFace View Post

Quote Originally Posted by HanHookie View Post
    hustla, if it helps...i restored my phone many times, and all of my contact photos are still there. I wasn't even concerned with keeping them, its just that when i finally got my phone back up and running, i noticed that i didn't have to retake the contact photos that were there previously...maybe itunes saves them when it backs up your device when syncing? not sure, but hope it helps.

Thanks, i think I might try that.
    Was i was about to do was gather both mine and my friends(working) iphone, and i would somehow put my sim contact in his iphone and restore mine. Then i can transfer the contact back to my sim and voila. But with him "HanHookie" sayin that, I might try it.

I just tried it and it didn't work,,,
    I'm so sad and disappointed.
    There are currently no contacts in my phonebook after taking his advice of restoring my iPhone.
    Last edited by TheYoungHustla; 2007-12-24 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungHustla View Post
    Thanks, i think I might try that.
    Was i was about to do was gather both mine and my friends(working) iphone, and i would somehow put my sim contact in his iphone and restore mine. Then i can transfer the contact back to my sim and voila. But with him "HanHookie" sayin that, I might try it.

I just tried it and it didn't work,,,
    I'm so sad and disappointed.
    There are currently no contacts in my phonebook after taking his advice of restoring my iPhone.
    When you restored it, in iTunes, did you click restore this iPhone as a backup? If you did, all your old contacts from your last sync will be in there.
    Thanks,
    Matt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by agentfubu View Post
    When you restored it, in iTunes, did you click restore this iPhone as a backup? If you did, all your old contacts from your last sync will be in there.
    Before I couldn't even get past the screen w/ the itunes logo and cable connector(dock). I could only type in *#307# and *3001#12345#* from the emergency call slide option. *#307# lead me to the contacts screen, so therefore I was able to take photos, but only for a contact. So therefore, everytime I connected my iPhone to iTunes it said I need to add funds to my account, that's it!!! I didn't allow me to sync or anything like that. My iPhone wasn't pleasing me at all. But now, I downgraded to 1.1.1 then it took me to the activation screen. Then i downloaded the install.app application from jailbreakme.com. Although all of my contacts are gone, I'm somewhat satisfies now, becaus eI can actually use it, and won't have to take pics only in the contact menu.

Just a side question, are you by any chance running Vista x64? I see in your screenshot you got an AMD x64 CPU and was wondering, because currently there is no support for the iPhone on Vista x64 due to the USB Driver.

Dixit

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogjonx View Post
    Just a side question, are you by any chance running Vista x64? I see in your screenshot you got an AMD x64 CPU and was wondering, because currently there is no support for the iPhone on Vista x64 due to the USB Driver.

Dixit
    No, I'm running 32-bit.