Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Soon to be Iphone Owner (without contract)

Default Soon to be Iphone Owner (without contract)
    I'm about to receive an Iphone in a few weeks and had some questions for the pros over in this great forum. Hope you guys can help me out

Here's some info:

-I'm getting an 8gb iphone and use windows xp.
    -I have used Cingular (ATT) for about 1.5 years and will be using my current sim card.
    -I am planning on using this method to activate my iphone so I don't need to get a 2yr extension:
    http://www.hacktheiphone.com/iphone_...r_windows.html

Here's the questions:

1. By using the above method, will I get those weird usage messages I've heard people with prepaid cards get detailing minutes left and whatnot? I am not using a prepaid card, just my current sim from ATT.

2. If I sign up for the mediaNet bundle (the $19.99 one), is that all I need in order to use unlimited non wifi internet on the iphone without having to pay extra charges?

3. If the phone I receive has the new firmware 1.01, will the activation hack above still work without issues? If not - what should I do?

4. Other then visual voicemail, will my current plan encounter any differences with someone who activated their iphone with att and a 2yr extension?

5. After it's activated, will future firmware changes affect my phone/activation?

Thanks a lot to anyone that can help me. The answers to these questions will determine if I'm going to keep or sell my Iphone.

shameless bump >_<
    Last edited by breezie; 2007-08-12 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost