Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Connect Iphone to wirless through lan

Unhappy Connect Iphone to wirless through lan
    i need a little help here
    i have a windows Laptop with lan card and wireless card but i don't have wireless connection and i want to install some application to my Iphone my internet connection is thought the lan card and the configuration is DHCP assigned i tryed to make a bridge between the lan and the wireless but on Iphone it gives my the message unable to join the network (network name) but i see the wireless logo on the screen on my Iphone i am using Iphone 1.0.2 and i badly need to configure it with wireless network any ideas
    here is alink to explain how to use wireless as an ad hoc

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_02april08.mspx

All what you have to do is to create a new wireless network, choose advanced options and create (Peer-to-peer) ad-hoc network. Try to set its IP statically, any IP and its subnet mask, then enable it and let your Iphone search for wifi connections, when it finds it (at this time your laptop is still enabling the wireless network), Join the network from the Iphone and then the laptop automatically will set the wireless network as connected.