Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Setting a custom css custom email signature - Problems Editing in Windows

iPhone? More like MyPhone rkisling's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Setting a custom css custom email signature - Problems Editing in Windows
    Was trying to set a custom CSS signature for my email on the iphone as described on http://www.dfbills.com/index.php/main/display/240 and am having problems editing the file in a manner that the iPhone will recognize (since its not a text file). I can convert it to text or read it in Notepad2, edit the file and related signature using CSS but its not the appropriate format to send back to the iPhone... anyone know what programs I can use to edit the file (com.apple.mobilemail.plist) so I can ssh it back to my iPhone for my custom signature. thanks very much.

ron

if you dont have to edit alot you can do it from the phone
    install MobileFinder and MobileTextEdit open
    MobileFinder go to the file that you want to edit edit and save.
    Last edited by robbpell; 2007-12-18 at 03:26 AM.

MobileTextEdit will not work since this is a binary plist file.

You need to convert to text. You can do this with a web service or my plutil.pl Perl program (http://scw.us).

See the post in FileMods for details.

Thanks

don't I have to convert back to the correct binary format before I transfer it back to the iPhone?

In this case I am not sure, but in general, no.

The framework handles this transparently so either format will work in most cases.

Thanks

When i copy the edited plist file back to my iphone, it always overwrites the file with the default setting (default signature, manual polling and show 50 recent emails). Is there something i should be doing when transferring the file back to my iphone?