Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installing Srelay

Thanks

Default Installing Srelay
    now that i installed it how do i use it??

Once you have srelay installed on your iphone you need to create a static profile for your wireless.

here is what I did

set 10.3.3.2 as the ip on my iphone(static)

255.255.255.0 as the subnet on it as well

created static profile(ad-hoc) on pc

set ip to 10.3.3.1

set sub net to 255.255.255.0

go into firefox and in the tools>options>advanced>network>manual proxy config

set ip to 10.3.3.2

set port 1080

socks v4

then after that is done go into the url and type about:config

type in socks_remote and set it to true

after that it should work

one thing i would tell you is that pages sometimes dont load on the first try. press the reload button like its the end of the world.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ultimateendz For This Useful Post:

iphonejeff (2007-08-11)

Thanks

thanks man u really helped me!!

how do u create static profile(ad-hoc) on pc?

Thanks

how di u set up the ip address and all that on the iphone?

i followed wha u did but i dunno how to make a ad-hoc. wen i google how i cant enter tha ip and submask or subnet numbers wen makeijg a ad-hoc.

ok i followed all of the instructions meticulously and it still refuses to work. I've seen in multiple places where people are having the same problems as i am, but i haven't found an answer yet. After i install the proxy and setup the ad-hoc and the ip addresses, i configure firefox as instructed and still no webpages will load. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

I've been having the same problem. It seems like I have tried everything and it still does not work. I've been searching everywhere for the past 2 days now.

to set up the ip on your iphone you need to get the iphone to find the wifi you ad-hoced on your pc or laptop and go to settings - wifi - and on the selstion click on the blue arrow and go to static and change the ip to whatever is on the pc but change the last number.

i guess since so many people are asking me how to tether the iphone i guess i have no choice but to write up a tutorial i guess ill add some screen shots....check back sometime tonight
    Last edited by ultimateendz; 2007-08-13 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm waiting.

sorry it took so long....i actually helped another guy write up a tutorial for this....go to www.hacktheiphone.com for instructions.

thanks for the tip on that link...got it to connect but never loads pages, always on time out.

Thanks

i have a question guys..if i do it ..will i be able to connect to my home router?..ill do it but im just wondering if i could...

yeah you can still use your router, but in all likelihood it won't actually work anyway. The problem everyone seems to be having is that they get everything connected and then can't load pages thru the proxy.

Thanks

oh ok i see...

so has anyone actually successfully tethered their phone yet aside from myself and the guy i helped write the tutorial?

to those who are tethering, is there something you guys are doing to keep the iphone "On"? I noticed in adhoc mode that when the phone screen sleeps I also am not able to ping the phone, or are you guys plugging it in and running off of usb juice while tethered?

plug the iphone into the computer with the usb

i got mine to work, but u have to open site on iphone first, then it'll work on ur computer
    which kind of sux, but then again its not as bad when u are reading or watching something
    here is the link i followed
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=345976
    go to post #8 and follow
    that its really easy

Works nicey thanks...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast