Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't connect to ftp....please help

Default Can't connect to ftp....please help
    For some reason I can't connect to my ftp server, is there a way to check to make sure I didn't change the password? I have a feeling I might have somewhere along the way, I don't know what else it could be.

What information do you guys need me to give you to help me? I'll check this thread frequnetly so it won't be a long drawn out process or a waste of anyones time.

Thanks in advance for anyones help.
    Justin

First off, you don't use FTP to log into the phone. You use Secure FTP (SFTP)
    But since you're getting a pwd prompt... dunno. Try dottie, that's the default pwd for 1.1.1
    Search NAZI

I tried dottie also, same results.
    I'm on 1.1.2

I tried cute ftp and ws ftp which is what I use for my webpage. What's everyone else using? I don't mind dling somethign else so I'll be on the same page. As of now, the only things I've been able to do with the phone (which have been a lot, but there's a lot that I'm missing too) have all been through the installer or customize.....

Really the main thing I'm trying to do that I haven't been able to is put that retrodialer on

Anyone else?
    Last edited by Justin Sain; 2007-12-12 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Most use WinSCP for sftp. A lot use iPhoneBrowser for USB

I use Terminal.
    Search NAZI

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Oxygen View Post
    I use Terminal.
    To transfer desktop files to the phone?

How are you doing that? MobileTerminal or Mac Terminal?

Mac Terminal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -terminal.png  
    Search NAZI

Try
    root
    alpine

dottie for 1.0.2.

Thanks, but thats what I was trying, I only tried dottie as a shot in the dark. I wound up using iPhone browser and was able to do what I needed to do.

As for mac terminal........ Wrong forum I think.

Don't think... you might hurt yourself. It was an answer to a question in an already started thread.
    Search NAZI

Thanks

If you forgot your password, just use MobileTerminal on the iPhone and use the command "passwd". You don't have to know what the previous password was to change it.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Crap. You're right. Forgot about that...
    Search NAZI