Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: manuely putting apps on iPhone

Default manuely putting apps on iPhone
    how do I? Is there a guide?
    8GB Apple iPhone

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

Use ssh. Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by RC_OZ View Post
    Use ssh. Yes.
    dude i need a little more in fo plz....
    8GB Apple iPhone

is there a way to do it without wifi?

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by msboy2011 View Post
    dude i need a little more in fo plz....
    dude, it would help if you provide more info yourself. You want to install apps manually. what do you mean by that and why ? Instead of using simple installer, you want to do it another way ? why ? If you want to install apps other through using an installer (why on earth, I have no idea), one "manual" way is to use ssh.

Have you bother to click on the Guides section and read a little may be ? You want a guide ? well, which guide ? how to install ssh ? do you know what ssh is ? Like I said, more info on your part would help. I need to know if I have to bring you up from kindergarten or what level. Are you using a mac or a PC ? Have you jailbreak your iPhone ? what FW version do you have, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by robbpell View Post
    is there a way to do it without wifi?
    yes, iFuntastic, Independence, few others, will let you do it via iPhone cable.
    Last edited by RC_OZ; 2007-12-12 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

as this is the windows section i was hopeing for a windows program that did this

You can copy files over with SSH over WiFi using WinSCP or FileZilla.

You can copy files over using USB with iPhoneBrowser or iBrickr.

You can install (some) applications in PXL format using iBrickr.

If you copy applications over, you must set permissions using WinSCP or on the phone, using MobileFinder or Terminal which you must install over WiFi first.

dude, it would help if you provide more info yourself. You want to install apps manually. what do you mean by that and why ? Instead of using simple installer, you want to do it another way ? why ? If you want to install apps other through using an installer (why on earth, I have no idea), one "manual" way is to use ssh.

Have you bother to click on the Guides section and read a little may be ? You want a guide ? well, which guide ? how to install ssh ? do you know what ssh is ? Like I said, more info on your part would help. I need to know if I have to bring you up from kindergarten or what level. Are you using a mac or a PC ? Have you jailbreak your iPhone ? what FW version do you have, etc, etc.

instead of writing all that.. you could've just helped him.

I Dont Think He Meant It In A Rude Way But Sometimes People Need Help And Dont Ask Properly Its Like Saying "i Want My Phone Unlocked' Great But What Firmware Are You Different Firmwares Different Things Same As Installing Apps Manually Ok Usb Or Wired. So I Dont Htink He Was Being Rude Just Trying To Get The Info He Needed In Order To Help Him.

nah that guy was being a jerk. May the question was asked that way cause the person doesnt know what to ask for. I agree ppl should be a bit more spesific but i might of ask'd the very same question when i first got my iphone i mean it was suggested to maybe check the guides and read a little. well maybe he didnt know there were guides. i just hate when ppl are so rude and mean assuming that others should know what they know

Youre over 9 months late with this response lol

Closed.