Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ssh

Default Ssh
    I cant get it to work!!! this is pissing me off! i cant get this to work! i tried putty and WinSCP and it keeps telling me ( Network Error: Permission Denied )

please help. im using the right password and username

make sure that you are entering the right IP address, and make sure that you are selecting SCP under File Protocol when you use WINSCP.

How are you connecting to your network? do you have a wireless router? what is the IP address that ou are getting on your phone?

im doing everything right. im using proxy and winscp and my ip address im using is 192.168.1.101? sound right?

how many computers on your house?

if you only have one then that sound about right your computer takes .100 and the iphone takes .101

so u use root and dottie all lower case. you already used jailbreak with your phone right?

Quote Originally Posted by burninator View Post
    how many computers on your house?

if you only have one then that sound about right your computer takes .100 and the iphone takes .101

so u use root and dottie all lower case. you already used jailbreak with your phone right?
    yes did use jailbreak already. and i went to my friends house and worked perfect on his computer and his operating system is xp. and mine is vista.
    does it not work on vista?

or u think its my wireless router?
    Last edited by poolshark49; 2007-08-09 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

im using vista without any problems. (well, some minor ones but i was able to fix them).

it could be your router its hard to say but it just seems that your iphone is the one with the problem. did you change the password on your iphone?

im having the same probs.im on vista and i have one of sbc's wireless routers...i think thats the problem.because ive tried everything.this is bullshit.wheres ifuntastic for windows???

edit: i FINALLY got it.try to restart pc and rerun sshify fresh and then run winscp.it worked! it worked!!
    Last edited by 2002ss; 2007-08-09 at 08:26 PM.