Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Modding after patch - Success!

Default Modding after patch - Success!
    So, I have never modded my iphone before the patch, and I was having all of the problems that everyone else here seems to be having with breaking the phone out of Jail, until I tried something different. It seems that the new restore file downloaded by itunes makes Jailbreak crap out, so I downloaded the original restore file from modding 101, or here, and put it into my phonedmg folder. Everything worked fine, and the phone stayed updated with 1.0.1, while also being unlocked. Just thought I'd let everyone know.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to chaosofitall For This Useful Post:

aduran (2007-08-05)

I don't know if that's the same problem I'm having or not. I updated my iTunes today to version 7.3.2 and after that I kept getting hung up on "booting phone" in Jailbreak. Is this what you were talking about?

I finally got mine to work . Was having the problem hanging on booting iphone . Here is what i did :

Make sure you have all the right files in the phonedmg folder.
    dock your phone and turn on and connect to itunes and sync.
    Close itunes and end ituneshelper, ipodservice and applemobiledevice service in task manager .

Hold power and home buttons on phone for 25 seconds and let it come to the screen please connect to itunes.

Go to task manager again and make sure the services are not running again .

Double click on jailbreak.exe in the phonedmg folder . If it asks to hold buttons again do so and release when it says connect to itunes.

It should say sending files then booting iphone and you should see the circle at the bottom center of iphone working and it should then say in your command window waiting for iphone to finish booting .

When done the window will close and the iphone restart.

I had to do this 3 to 4 times so i could get it to work with Manzana. Now i have no problem modding my phone . Hope this helps!!

Awesome!!!! It Worked.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by monte1985 View Post
    I finally got mine to work . Was having the problem hanging on booting iphone . Here is what i did :

Make sure you have all the right files in the phonedmg folder.
    dock your phone and turn on and connect to itunes and sync.
    Close itunes and end ituneshelper, ipodservice and applemobiledevice service in task manager .

Hold power and home buttons on phone for 25 seconds and let it come to the screen please connect to itunes.

Go to task manager again and make sure the services are not running again .

Double click on jailbreak.exe in the phonedmg folder . If it asks to hold buttons again do so and release when it says connect to itunes.

It should say sending files then booting iphone and you should see the circle at the bottom center of iphone working and it should then say in your command window waiting for iphone to finish booting .

When done the window will close and the iphone restart.

I had to do this 3 to 4 times so i could get it to work with Manzana. Now i have no problem modding my phone . Hope this helps!!
    i've tried this a few times, even restarted my computer but i can't get it to work. any ideas?

yeah, im having the same problem, its freezing at the "booting Iphone" in Jailbreak, and every program, itunes, ituneshelper, ipodservice, and apple is ended.

I dont know what to do, I have restored and then have tried with no luck.

-Phrozt

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

you need the old restore file posted in the first post of this thread the news one DO NOT work

I had the same issue initially; finally cracked the phone but had to ensure the file was on C: ?? and downloaded all necessary files rather than extract from phone. I basically started from scratch on the tut, just downloaded all necessary files to the provided drive with the provided filename and it ran with no issue. Origionally the Jailbreak program would freeze at "booting iphone" but that reference was on my external HDD and I was using the file captured via restore. Hope this helps someone.

J5