Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinSCP password help

Default WinSCP password help
    OK so I am trying to install the new ringtones to my iphone but I can't use winscp to install them. I am trying the mecca approach. I tried the user name as root and the password as alpine and as dottie neither works for me. I have FR 1.1.1 and have open ssh on and wifi on. (have tried with ssh off and it is the same thing). If anyone could help that would be great. I just want some new rings.

Are you sure your USB cord is in securely, and that you aren't running any apps?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Freshboiii For This Useful Post:

AbyNormal (2007-11-30), aiden1983 (2007-11-21)

how do I know forsure that I am running no apps. (I don't think I am). And yes the cord is in as I can use ibrickr and access the files

Try doing a fresh restart of your phone. Half the time, that will be the solution. Also, make sure that in WinSCP you haven't got any of the numbers in your IP Address mixed up.

I have the ip typed correctly and I have restarted the iphone like 30 times. I have been trying since friday to do this.

which port do I need? is it 22? and do I need to do anything to my router?
    Last edited by aiden1983; 2007-11-21 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've goggled to try and find the answer, but I've no luck, aside from what you've already done.

Not to sound like someone who would shove you off, but try googling for the default password on French iPhones.

on french lol why french?

In your first post you stated you had FR 1.1.1. If I'm not mistaken, FR means French.

Sorry I ment FW for firmware or version, not french

Understandable. Why not try to update with OktoPrep installed?

I am new so I am not sure what that is? Is it to upgrade to 1.1.2?

OktoPrep is a new app that allows you to jailbrake a 1.1.2 iPhone. But you HAVE to install it via a 1.1.1 iPhone ( the same one ).

I can personally say it works, if you're cautious.

ya I am a little worrie to do it. Untill more people do it, I don't really want to do it yet. Can't believe that I can't get simple ringtones onto the iphone. This is killing me. But besides this the iphone is great.

More people have been doing it to be honest. If you look around the boards there are dozens of threads showing you how to jailbrake it. It's pretty simple and easy to do.

what about all the apps though? I don't want to lose any. And if I can't winscp my iphone then i brickr will stop and I will have no way to do it anymore. Oh and do I need itunes on or off. What about the ituneshelper and stuff?
    Last edited by aiden1983; 2007-11-21 at 07:51 AM.

ALL apps work, with the exception of ANYSIM, but someone has posted a guide on how to get it working. I have yet to test it though. I use AT&T so I have no reason. My girlfriend uses T-Mobile, so I plan to unbrick hers on her birthday two weeks from now.

But trust me, anything you find on THIS site is 99.9% guaranteed to work. Just make sure the poster isn't a one time person. Read replies before you do anything. Golden rule.

Thanks

winscp is wifi,,,has nothing todo with usb cord!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by jedinight; 2007-11-21 at 07:09 PM.

regardless it still doesn't work.

aiden...what happens when you try to connect via ssh/winscp? does it just ask for a password? does it give you an error saying connection refused?

if it gives you a connection refused error, make sure you have the package called bsd subsystem installed from your installer application. port number is 22. which protocol are you using? try SFTP and try SCP, one of the two should work. also, you have to make sure you have a wifi connection otherwise winscp won't work, it doesn't connect through the usb cord. that also might be your problem.

as for updating to 1.1.2, as long as you follow the guide to the letter you'll be fine. it only updates your phone so all your themes and stuff stay on your phone, the only thing you would need to do is reinstall your apps from installer which doesn't take long.
    Peter: "Brian! There's a message in my alphabits! It says 'OOOOOOOOO'!!!!!"
    Brian: "Peter...those are Cheerios."

Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps

Quote Originally Posted by rianbattle View Post
    aiden...what happens when you try to connect via ssh/winscp? does it just ask for a password? does it give you an error saying connection refused?

if it gives you a connection refused error, make sure you have the package called bsd subsystem installed from your installer application. port number is 22. which protocol are you using? try SFTP and try SCP, one of the two should work. also, you have to make sure you have a wifi connection otherwise winscp won't work, it doesn't connect through the usb cord. that also might be your problem.

as for updating to 1.1.2, as long as you follow the guide to the letter you'll be fine. it only updates your phone so all your themes and stuff stay on your phone, the only thing you would need to do is reinstall your apps from installer which doesn't take long.

when I try and connect it says:Authenticating with preentered password, access denied. I tried with scp and sftp, with both passwords and still nothing. And I have wifi connected. Anyother suggestions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast