Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone Trouble

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default IPhone Trouble
    I added ring tones to my IPhone on a windows PC and then when the update came out I restored it and then modded it again just adding ring tones, but now I noticed that the USB does not work. I can charge it on the wall, but when hooked up to my PC I get no activity at all. Please Help

Will not go into the please connect to Itunes mode, and will not charge with standard usb cable Just the one that plugs straight in the wall to charge it.
    Last edited by phifer8390; 2007-08-03 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phifer8390 View Post
    I added ring tones to my IPhone on a windows PC and then when the update came out I restored it and then modded it again just adding ring tones, but now I noticed that the USB does not work. I can charge it on the wall, but when hooked up to my PC I get no activity at all. Please Help

Will not go into the please connect to Itunes mode, and will not charge with standard usb cable Just the one that plugs straight in the wall to charge it.
    can you still iphoneinterface it? or manzana or whatever your using to transfer the files?

Thanks

No...
    It is not even recognized when I plug it into the computer. If I turn it off and then plug it in it will then turn on the phone but still does not get recognized.

Quote Originally Posted by phifer8390 View Post
    No...
    It is not even recognized when I plug it into the computer. If I turn it off and then plug it in it will then turn on the phone but still does not get recognized.
    have you tried it on another computer? or changing the usb port? and if those dont work, possibly getting a new cable or borrowing one.

Thanks

I have 4 cables none of them work, I tried in another computer, and I have tried other ports along with reinstalling the drivers for my usb. Please help

have you tried reseting it?

Thanks

Are you referring to holding the home key and the lock key? I have tried this and it will not go into the please connect to itunes! ???

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

it must be plugged in

Thanks

Yeah I found that out. If I hook it up it will go into the connect to ITunes, but it still will not connect with ITunes or be recognized as a USB device.

Question Ringtones not functional after 1.1 upgrade
    All,

I used iFuntastic and added just a few ringtones. All worked well. However, I just upgraded Apples IPhone from version 1.0 to 1.1. Only the Apple standard ringtones are present. I kinda expected that. But only vibrate works. All of the Apple ringtones do not work. I can listen to them and select them, but they will not ring. The phone operates like it normally and displays an incoming call, but no ringtone.

Thoughts???

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Tired deleting them and reuploading them? We have them all in the Wiki and in the Download section both...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

Phone still won't connect... Anyone?

hmmm well i dont know if you have reffered to the actual iphone manual but a few things that tend to work when usb isnt working right
    -Switch around the ports unplugg other usb connections and try your iphone cable in the others
    -re-install itunes
    suggestions from the Apple iPhone Manual its worht a shot

Thanks

Still no luck! I mean WTF this is a pain!

i had that problem after the update. i had to do a complete restore and delete everything from my phone.
    do the following:

press and hold the power and home on the phone until you get the Connect the itunes message on the screen (make sure that the phone is connected to the computer while doing this). then after that hit RESTORE on itunes and after it does the restore, the phone will come back to factory settings, it will show that its brand new and it will tell you to activate it. Dont worry while you slide to unlock it will detect that the phone was already activated and it will do a backup from itunes and activate it again.

hope this will fix the problem that you are having.

Thanks

That does not work! I have tried it. It does not show up in itunes to do a complete update!

dont do an update do a restore. and i know what you mean when itunes doesnt recognize the phone.

Try it different ways, do the connect to itunes on the phone then connect to the computer and see if itunes will recognize it. i had that same problem but i dont remember the exact step i did for the computer and itunes to recognize the phone.

Thanks

The phone will not connect to ITunes in order to do a complete restore!

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

It should fine. Restart computer, open up iTunes. Make sure phone is NOT connected. Then hold down the Home and Sleep buttons on the iPhone for 25 seconds, until the yellow triangle comes up on the iPhone screen. THEN connect it to the computer, and iTunes should prompt to restore the iPhone. Good to go.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

Once again these methods do not work. It is not recognized by the computer or any other!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast