Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Windows and Mac won't detect iPhone

Unhappy Windows and Mac won't detect iPhone
    When I connect the iPhone to Windows, iTunes doesn't recognize that the phone is connected i.e. it doesn't show in the list of devices. I also tried this with the Mac.....same problem. Even the power is not getting thourhg because I didn't see the "lightning" symbol. But the weird thing is that the phone is fully charged everytime.....please help. Thank you. I'm on 1.1.1jailbroken, iTunes 7.5.

Try restarting your iPhone and iTunes and computer. Sounds silly but it works

I did restarted everything....I even did a system restore but still didn;t work.

Check your cable and dock. My backup Phone's dock stopped working after a few day's. Try connecting with the cable without the dock

I have been using with and without the dock...lol....something is horribly wrong and I can't find a solution....

Last edited by Broomhead; 2007-11-19 at 08:07 PM.

then itunes would detect it???? if it doesnt then I would be screwed right? unless there's a way out of recovery mode......Does this mean I have to restore my phoen and jailbreak it all over again?

Default Same here
    I was able to unlock my 1.1.1 but I"m not able to connect to PC.. One computer shuts down once USB connected and the other PC will not recongnize.. I've only tried with cable (no dock), uninstalled and reinstalled itunes, not sure what to do?? any suggestions?

i know under windows, if u have srvice pack 1, the system wont recognize your iphone. i had the same prob on my moms pc

Thanks

I know this may sound mundane, but it rather sounds like a bad cable. Have you tried using another? Even if the computer won't recognize the iPhone, the iPhone will recognize when it's being connected to a power supply. But you say you don't even get the beep and lightning symbol. When you connect the iPhone to the wall adapter, does the iPhone charge normally?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    I know this may sound mundane, but it rather sounds like a bad cable. Have you tried using another? Even if the computer won't recognize the iPhone, the iPhone will recognize when it's being connected to a power supply. But you say you don't even get the beep and lightning symbol. When you connect the iPhone to the wall adapter, does the iPhone charge normally?
    Nice one

yeah the direct charge with wall adapter still works fine.....

Thanks

Ain't the cable then. When you sync with iTunes on either computer is stores a plist file in a folder called coincidently enough lockdown. On a Mac, it's in ~/Library/Lockdown but on a PC you'd have to do a search. Try deleting the plist inside the Lockdown folder on the Mac and try re-syncing. That did it for me when I was in that situation.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

Independence should be able to fix this easy.

If you have a mac, run Independence.

a friend of mine has the same issue. Hope that there would be a solution for this. A windows method, hopefully.

remove lockdown back to work but not service dont work lockdown
    1.1.2 downgrade 1.1.1

i'm still on 1.1.1 and independence doesn't recognize the phone....it keeps saying phone discconnected

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

what version of independence ?

Nuggyrush, I also had the same problem, so what I did was load up good ol' winSCP, and replace my lockdownd file (located under usr/libexec in your iphone). Guess I had the old lockdownd file(1.0.2) running on 1.1.1, but once replaced windows started to detect my iPhone, hope this helps you out!

btw I have Firmware 1.1.1 iPhone unlocked to work w/ T-mobile.

Nifty
    Last edited by niftymu; 2007-11-16 at 08:56 AM.

i have same problem as you, any other ways besides winSCP? im using windows as well...

or if i manage to find a buddy of mines house with winscp, how do i go about replacing this lockdown file?
    Last edited by McGeeTM; 2007-11-19 at 04:06 AM.
    [CENTER] Honda-Tech FTW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast