Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Windows and Mac won't detect iPhone

iNdependence won't recognise it either. i'm having the same problem.

Charges from the wall but nothing from the mac.
    o2UK 1.1.2 downgraded back to 1.1.1, jailbroken and updated to 1.1.2 and jailbroken again. Also updated the lockdownd file.

hmmm... so replacing the lockdown file didnt work as well?

did any of you happend to do the handsfree method to get installer on it? i did and i think it had something to do with that because i didnt have problems until i used the unlockme.com thing///
    [CENTER] Honda-Tech FTW

i spent nearly 5 hours last week dealing with this very issue. turns out my problem was much more "low tech" (no issues with lock down files).

Somehow through bad luck, my girlfriend's combo of using a dock and a wrap around clear shield has resulted in the contacts of the phone to be "dull". I was hooking it up to the comp via the cable, no dock, and the for the life of me the damn thing wouldn't connect. it wasn't until I moved the phone randomly, placed it on something else, causing the wire to bend, and for a split second my computer recognized the phone, and the light bulbs started to go off.

so i guess, case in point, if you charge it every night with your dock and it connects, but now your trying to connect using only the cable, try using the dock to connect to the computer.

worked for me. but now I'm worried about what's going to happen in the long run...

--s

It clearly looks like a software issue, because my macbook / pc would pick it up if i forced DFU mode.

I had to restore to 1.1.2 and do the whole 1.1.2 OOB procedure again and it's working now. No idea what caused it... But i messed it all up by deleted the "lockdown" directory on the iphone

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Saltank For This Useful Post:

McGeeTM (2007-11-20)

how did u force DFU in windows?

right now i dont even care about some thirdparty apps...lol i just want this thing to sync!

finally got it thanks man!....DFU recognized it...hell yeah i owe u big time!
    Last edited by McGeeTM; 2007-11-20 at 04:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    [CENTER] Honda-Tech FTW

Quote Originally Posted by McGeeTM View Post
    how did u force DFU in windows?

right now i dont even care about some thirdparty apps...lol i just want this thing to sync!

finally got it thanks man!....DFU recognized it...hell yeah i owe u big time!
    what did u do? ... im having the same problem ... phone will charge form wall charger just fine ... but computer wont detect it ... it detects all my other iphones

jailbroken and unlocked 1.1.1 with jailbreakme.com method
    help plzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Ain't the cable then. When you sync with iTunes on either computer is stores a plist file in a folder called coincidently enough lockdown. On a Mac, it's in ~/Library/Lockdown but on a PC you'd have to do a search. Try deleting the plist inside the Lockdown folder on the Mac and try re-syncing. That did it for me when I was in that situation.
    I think you guys read over this..

and the file on windows should be somewhere in AppData, which is hidden, so search would be best.
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

This case looks like this one:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23468

On the other hand. Lockdown in this folder...

CUsers\user\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer

This seems to a common problem - I posted an earlier reply on this issue but the only way I found to solve this sync problem was to:

1. Backup all songs, playlists on to a data DVD using iTunes - ideally make sure its ok on another pc/Mac
    2. Uninstall iTunes, all plug ins (eg LastFM), and delete anything else that relates to either iTunes or your old iPod (run a search on iTunes and iPod), including your old iTunes library (hence the need to make sure those backup DVDs are ok).
    3. Reload iTunes (7.4.2 onward), reload your backup data DVD, and then it should sync ok

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12