Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help me in restoring my phone(error code 1604)

Default Please help me in restoring my phone(error code 1604)
    Hi,

I had firmware 1.1 and did the jailbreak. Everything was working fine and I had problems with summer board. I tried to manually install it using ssh client . I tried changing a couple of file restrictions and thought I installed it successfully and restarted the phone. I was stuck on the silver apple logo. Then I thought I can restore the phone and went to itunes to restore it. From then on I keep on getting "The iphone "iphone" cannot be restored. An unknown error occured(1604). I tried to google for a solution and saw the manual restore one where I go to "CDocuments and Settings\Admin\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates". I tried to do that but still get the same error. right now on my screen I have the itunes logo with the cable symbol on it. Can you please help me out on how to fix this problem. I am running itunes 7.4.3.1 version.

Appreciate your help.

I was actually able to restore the phone. I just had to restart windows and kill the itunes which pops up. then I went to "CDocuments and settings\....." and double clicked the firmware file and it worked. It was a tense 10mins but it worked.

Thanks
    Last edited by freedonkey; 2007-11-13 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I also encountered same error and iphone just always start with restore mode.

i had the same prob a lot and what i found on the internet said to restart the computer and change usb, so i did that and havent had the prob since but if it comes up again ill try the same thing and let you know how it goes

iPhone? More like MyPhone loocfa's Avatar
    Thanks

having the same problem on my macbook,
    cant restore iphone,
    this is all over the internet with no working fix. ive tried restarting all firwares, all itunes, usb drives, different computer. (IM PCless mac only)
    iNdependence used to solve this problem, but that not long seems to work with any combo of itunes and firmwares.
    PLEASE someone say something useful,
    ive been banging my head all day about this and dont want to wast another day with this.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

What you have to do is make sure it's in a restore mode before actually restoring. Unplug it, and push the sleep button and the home button until it turns off. Then release the sleep button and plug it in. iTunes should see it and you should be able to restore it.
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

iPhone? More like MyPhone loocfa's Avatar
    Thanks

tried that just now and still nothing.
    i held down sleep and home until screen blacks then let go of sleep, still holding home until the cable icon shows, option restore in tunes, 2 mins later error 1604,

god dame this,
    any other ideas?
    any ideas to get iNdependence working,
    maybe this will help me, but no matter what i try, iNdependence says error reg from callback to iphone,

whys is this so hard. ive unlocked many iphones with no problems until now.
    please help
    thanks

well i have gotn that error get the ibrick 0.9 and use it to boot it downgrade it to 1.0.2 and then just upgrade to the one you want. remember after the restore or downgrade if the iphone still appers with the restore pic, open up ibricker again and us the boot iphone option this takes it out of the recovery mode
    ps i have done it with 1.1.3 and it works fine

Im having a similar issue and have tried all the above. I get an error 1 no matter what version I try to restore to. So now my iphone is stuck on

please help

Default im hvin d same problem!
    im hvin de same bloody prob. i tried googling it but i gt no ans. i always gt error 1. wat shld i do?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i had that error and i refurbished using ziphone 2.4 and i restored to 1.1.2 then to 1.1.1 then jailbroke etc... try that

How do you refurbish it with ZiPhone 2.5