Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: some questons i have regarding uploading on iphone 111 version

Default some questons i have regarding uploading on iphone 111 version
    okay so i have an iphone, version 1.1.1 and i have the installer already loaded that i got from the jailbreakme.com site, so now my question is this... what program do i need on my computer that will allow me to input files straight into the iphone from my computer? for instance, i want to add more roms to the nes emulator, and since you cannot use ibrickr with the 111 version, what program do i need to input the files into the iphone?

1. jailbreakme.com (go here and install it from your iphone). a new icon will be on your iphone called installer. this app lets you install all kinds of other apps.

2. install SummerBoard from installer. (then you can install themes directly from your phone without having to go through any of the trouble listed below). go back into installer and you'll see a category for Themes (SummerBoard). Install away!

3. Now if you still want to move them from your computer to your iphone, see below.

4. install BSD subsystem (from list of apps available from Installer)

5. install OpenSSH. once installed and having access to your wifi get your iphones IP address from Settings->Wifi->click the arrow next to the wifi network you are connected to. you'll then see your IP address.

6. SSH into your phone. ssh -l root 10.x.x.x (use your ip address). if using a mac just use the Terminal app to ssh. if windows, i don't know find a terminal type app to command line to use ssh.

7. Use password "dottie" or "alpine" when asked after ssh'ing into your phone.

8. get a SFTP program to transfer files to your iphone from your computer. server will be your IP address of your iphone, user = root, password = dottie or alpine.

9. Summerboard themes are in Library/SummerBoard/Themes/ , this is the directory you'll place your themes. each theme should have it's own folder.

wow that is so confusing to me right now, can you send me a link to download that openshh thing. i dont even know if i will be able to understand that program, you are using a lot of terms that i am not familiar with so it all seems like another language. there isnt an easy program to use like ibrickr was for the 1.0.2 version? there has to be just one program that someone designed made specifically for the iphone... any suggestions? if there is no simpiler way then the link for the download of openshhh will be helpful...

BSD and OpenSSH are in the installer app
    1) open installer
    2)install community sources
    3)BSD Subsystem
    4) install OpenSSH
    5) restate your phone
    after that send me a PM and i'll help you along

Okay thank you man, i really appreciate it, so im gonna assume you are talking about the installer that i have on my phone, but when i look thru the downloada, i can only find the openshh program... Any suggestions?

community sources?

What is community sources? On my phone i have "installer 3" does that answer your question at all? Again i do appreciate your help.